And there we go

Help Support CattleToday:

Our deadbeat preacher has plenty of sermons about white privilege. Guy has probably not worked an honest day in his life.
I wonder if most preachers are like that?

Just imagine if Republicans did this....I'm sure it would be turned on them for being racist for thinking that minorities need a leg up against white men...without it they'd have no chance.....of course, that's what the Dems are saying, but its because they are good and it makes them feel good..

Until I Googled Cisgender I'd have been scared to hire them too. Why have things gotten so complicated? I liked it better when there were boys, girls or queers. All these fancy names for confusion offends me.

shaz":2gh3zfhu said:
Our deadbeat preacher has plenty of sermons about white privilege. Guy has probably not worked an honest day in his life.

Strictly out of curosity, and before this thread gets locked, I would like to know the denomination of this church? If that crosses a line, I will apologize ahead of time.

Bigfoot":lh5u8lon said:
shaz":lh5u8lon said:

Strictly out of curosity, and before this thread gets locked, I would like to know the denomination of this church? If that crosses a line, I will apologize ahead of time.
My question is why are you going there, feeling that way about him ??

ga.prime":1bf93ui0 said:
Kiss gender or Siss gender?

I haven't a clue. This whole idea of all these "identities" just confuses the heck out of me. How can you make something so simple so freakin complicated?

Jogeephus":2shxwite said:
ga.prime":2shxwite said:

I haven't a clue. This whole idea of all these "identities" just confuses the heck out of me. How can you make something so simple so freakin complicated?
Don't know either, makes not an ounce of sense.

ga.prime":1zgvm4hf said:
Jogeephus":1zgvm4hf said:
ga.prime":1zgvm4hf said:

that's easy, put in the hands of a liberal.....

ga.prime":3mx0rnwz said:
Jogeephus":3mx0rnwz said:
ga.prime":3mx0rnwz said:

Here is something that might help. The 2017 guide to sexual identity albeit this is simply a rough draft and more identities are sure to emerge.

ALACOWMAN":1i09zp72 said:
Bigfoot":1i09zp72 said:
shaz":1i09zp72 said:

My question is why are you going there, feeling that way about him ??

To answer both questions:
I go there because I know and like most of the people.

Didn't mean to derail but he is an interim preacher and this church is Presbyterian. His last day is Sunday and will probably be replaced by another bum.

callmefence":nbob57yl said:
That chart will be deemed offensive.
All the snowflakes are the same
The state of affairs has taken a wrong turn. I'm glad things are different than they were last century, but now, its all going down hill..... Its all Hollywoods fault...and I'm not kidding.

cowgirl8":1w4vn38q said:
callmefence":1w4vn38q said:
The state of affairs has taken a wrong turn. I'm glad things are different than they were last century, but now, its all going down hill..... Its all Hollywoods fault...and I'm not kidding.

That's a bit hyperbolic, don't you think? There has been a big push from the educational community as well, and social media disseminates information in the blink of an eye.

I think that society has softened like an ice cream sandwich in the hot sun. I am all for being nice to people if they're nice to you, but this email crosses a line. Discrimination, no matter the direction it is coming from, is unwarranted and unacceptable. You hire the best people, you'll have the best company, or party, hands down. No matter the race, creed or gender, if you hire the best, you become the best. If you're bucking hay all day, a 100 lb woman may not be the best, that's not discrimination, that's being realistic. If you're running a bank, you're not going to hire a guy with little to no education and criminal record. It's common sense, and it's getting thrown out with the bath water.

Bestoutwest":1kdvoeth said:
cowgirl8":1kdvoeth said:
callmefence":1kdvoeth said:

That's a bit hyperbolic, don't you think? There has been a big push from the educational community as well, and social media disseminates information in the blink of an eye.

I think that society has softened like an ice cream sandwich in the hot sun. I am all for being nice to people if they're nice to you, but this email crosses a line. Discrimination, no matter the direction it is coming from, is unwarranted and unacceptable. You hire the best people, you'll have the best company, or party, hands down. No matter the race, creed or gender, if you hire the best, you become the best. If you're bucking hay all day, a 100 lb woman may not be the best, that's not discrimination, that's being realistic. If you're running a bank, you're not going to hire a guy with little to no education and criminal record. It's common sense, and it's getting thrown out with the bath water.

I liked your post best, alot.
You probably won't like mine. In addition to what you said. As a small business owner I feel I have the right to discriminate on who I allow to work for me. My business is a sole proprietorship. My personal property. I feel i should be able to hire whatever or whoever I want and exclude whoever I want.

callmefence":2e1tj2gb said:
I liked your post best, alot.
You probably won't like mine. In addition to what you said. As a small business owner I feel I have the right to discriminate on who I allow to work for me. My business is a sole proprietorship. My personal property. I feel i should be able to hire whatever or whoever I want and exclude whoever I want.

Actually, and this will surprise you, I could care less about that, and to some extent agree with you. Here's why: because it will all shake out in the wash. If you discriminate, for whatever reason good, bad or indifferent, word will get around. It may win you jobs, it may lose you jobs, but that's your business and your decision. And if you discriminate based on gender, creed, race, sexuality, you may be shooting yourself in the foot because you might lose out on the best employee you may have ever had, but it's your decision to do so. What is upsetting to me is when nonprofits are allowed to discriminate. I see 0 problem with a church refusing to perform a gay marriage due to their religious beliefs. However, if they want to do that, they must give up their nonprofit status because a charity (ie nonprofit) must serve ALL of the people, even if they don't like it. Businesses, however, are a whole different ball game.

Church's don't just refuse wedding based on sexuality, but may also refuse to have weddings of couples who live together before marriage, or refuse to go through premarital counseling. Probably other reasons also.

Latest posts