America's Best Steak Contest Winner

Help Support CattleToday:

Maybe just a little misleading. According to what I read about the event, they won the grass finished contest. This seems to imply they won the overall. I'm also not too impressed with how he implied that corn finished beef are all given hormone tags, or how beefalos never need antibiotics because of hybrid vigor. I'm happy for anyone raising beef and making a profit doing so, but when someone has to disparage other methods just to promote their own, it rubs me the wrong way. Even more so when they have to stretch the truth.

I must contest, I think there is plenty of good looking animals people raise on here that could give them a run for their money. But I guess they wouldn't have enough flare, and hype, or willingness to talk bad about someone else's operation to win.

You should see the hype of a local winery here.., and it seems like it happens in every industry
Here's a shortlist, the winery is "Fort Berens"

"Established 1880".. Fort berens was established then, there's no trace left of the fort
They first planted the grapes on leased land in 2009, that fall they won awards with "their" wine
in 2011, they bought out the lease
So can anyone tell me what the heck they have claiming "established in 1880", or how their current wines have any relation to the awards they've won... Besides it seems, like George Carlin said, "No one is a loser", if someone enters a contest and doesn't take a prize, they create a new prize

Latest posts