American Simmental Suspension

Help Support CattleToday:

ffamom

Reaction score
For the ones that show Simbrah, did you happen to notice who was suspend on page 28 in the Register? Long time coming but finally happened.

Scary part is that the brothers judges lots of shows for the TJLA.

If you have ever seen any animals from his ranch, they were missing brahman characteristics in my opinion. I ask my 7 year old niece one time which animal didn't fit in the class, and she immediately chose the one from the brothers ranch. So as to why, I can only speculate.

ASA Bylaw 2E:
E. Expulsion and Censure of Members:
Any member of this association who violates the By Laws or Rules and regulations of the Association, or who shall deceive or wrong the Association or a member thereof, or other person, or who shall so conduct himself as to make his association undesirable; or any member whose practices in the breeding of cattle are such as to impair the reliability of the records of the Association shall be censured, suspended or expelled by the Board of Trustees, or by the Executive Committee, after notice and a hearing as hereinafter provided. Persons whose memberships have been declared forfeited and cancelled, and who are at the time owners of registered cattle may, in a proper case, at the discretion of the Board of Trustees or the Executive Committee, be permitted to transfer the cattle then standing in their names on the records of the Association, or to register and transfer the progeny of such cattle, within six (6) months after the date of the cancellation of their memberships and the forfeiture of their rights in the Association.
Any member holding or managing a public sale of Simmental cattle or consigning animals to or purchasing animals at such sale who willfully engages in any fraudulent or unethical practice in connection with such sale may be censured, suspended or expelled by the Board of Trustees or by the Executive Committee thereof after notice and a hearing as hereinafter provided.
The Board of Trustees shall have the power to define from time to time what constitutes such fraudulent and unethical practices.

I think that is great, I am glad to know that the ASA is willing to stand up and follow the rules. It just ticks me off that there are so many people should be on that list and they probably never will be.

They've sold show heifers to juniors that are registered and represented as Simbrahs, but are in fact Simmentals. This has been proven on numerous occassions when DNA was done on the calves, but ASA didn't want to do anything because they threatened a lawsuit. Even though this is clearly a rule of ASA.

Latest posts