Amazon drones "within months"

Help Support CattleToday:

cowrancher75

Reaction score
We've been hard at work building fully electric drones that can fly up to 15 miles and deliver packages under five pounds to customers in less than 30 minutes," Wilke said in a blog post.

(MORE: Amazon can now deliver packages to your car)

According to Amazon, the new drones will be more efficient, stable and safe because they're designed to detect static and moving objects from any direction while in motion.

Detecting wires proved one of the most difficult challenges for low-altitude flights, Wilke said in the blog post, but Amazon accomplished it by using of proprietary computer-vision techniques.

"We know customers will only feel comfortable receiving drone deliveries if they know the system is incredibly safe," Wilke said. "So we're building a drone that isn't just safe, but independently safe, using the latest artificial intelligence technologies."

Good boost in productivity, I hope they're successful. May be a rough start but worth it in the long run.

Wish I lived within 15 miles of their distribution center, get in some drone target practice.
Best part would be all of the free stuff you get! :lol:

sim.-ang.king said:
Wish I lived within 15 miles of their distribution center, get in some drone target practice.
Best part would be all of the free stuff you get! :lol:

I'm wondering how many packages would actually make it to their intended destination. Now them little drones was equipped with cameras and some sort of weaponry might increase their chances but don't see the latter happening.

Latest posts