almost free squeeze chute

Help Support CattleToday:

wagonwrench

Reaction score
Howdy everybody, Still very new here & enjoying the posts & good info....

Here is a picture of a chute I picked up from a friend. It has been neglected a bit but I plan to put it back to work after some repairs & might even paint it. I have done some research on this type but came up with only one post of a member using this type of chute. I showed it to a local cattle rancher & he thought that everyone should have one like this....

WW Guillotine??

If anyone has any pros/cons, etc. let me know.

I will only be handling a handful of cattle per year with it but I know my time will come when I need one. So far I have taken our cattle to friend's & vets office with chutes & it has worked out good.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

[URL=http://s1175.photobucket.com/u.../wagonwrench/spader 007_zpsdemgrryc.jpg[/img][/url]

WW is good stuff. Lotta people aren't crazy about that type of catch. Personally, if it worked, it wouldn't bother me. I actually haven't seen a catch like that since I was a small boy.

Holy cow. Haven't seen one like that in 40 years. Had the opportunity to work some Brahman-crossbreds through a similar one a few times.
Whole front end swings out once you let 'em back up out of the 'headcatch', right? Be careful... if that front's not latched when you close the catch down on them and they hit the front, that handle will deliver a knockout uppercut blow to you, and you'll be lying unconscious next to the chute. Ask me how I know.

Almost free??? What did it cost you a carton? Good buy anyhow. Not my cuppa tea that headgate but at least you will have something to hold them if needed.
Ken

Will that head gate come off without a grenade or cutting torch? You can sometimes find decent headgates on Craigslist. I really like the Priefert ones. I see them on CL sometimes.

At any rate, nice score. Chutes are nearly always in demand, and nearly always expensive.

I used one like that for years. That one has some pieces missing. Looks like it needs a wood floor too. It sure beats not having one.

Latest posts