Albino Deer

Help Support CattleToday:

mitchwi

Reaction score
I received these pics in an email, I am not sure where they originated from...but I thought I would share...

albino_deer_1.JPG

albino_deer_2.JPG

Michele

:shock: :shock: OMG!!!

That looks scary...not quite enough to say it's cute, because it looks more to be a scary cute...jeez almost looks like a rat with big ears and long legs...and those eyes...I think the eyes are the worst... :shock:

Awww, now see I think it's really cute! I don't know about other places, but here it is illegal to shoot an albino deer. I have never seen one in the wild before.

onthehoof":2fuoi8fy said:
Awww, now see I think it's really cute! I don't know about other places, but here it is illegal to shoot an albino deer. I have never seen one in the wild before.

It's good you can;t shoot them. Leaves more natural colored deer alive to reproduce since the predators will make short work of the white ones.

dun

For some reason albino deer are not that rare in the area I live. They are legal to shoot in Minnesota, but it upsets a few of the non hunting folks. A friend of mine shot one a few years ago; he said at first he thought it was someones goat that had gotten loose. It was a doe but he still did a mount of it, kind of cool I guess. There was also an 8 pointer shot 2 years ago I think. I seen one for the first time last summer.

I believe we get albinos in the wild from inbreeding.I know you will get white peacocks if you never bring in new stock I have seen white wild turkeys.Thats only my own idea so as usuall you should seek out a second opinion :D

carl

There was an article last year (I think it was in the 'Field & Stream) on a herd of white (not albino) deer which has been
protected in a military base which was due to be closed so the future of the unique herd was in jeopardy, any one else see this article?

It's illegal to kill an Albino or a Piebald deer here.

I've only seen one, several years ago. You'd think they would want that gene pool eliminated.What really surprises me is that the State has not come out with a "Black Gene". We all know it dont taste good unless it's Black.

Crowderfarms":10qodqum said:

I've only seen one, several years ago. You'd think they would want that gene pool eliminated.What really surprises me is that the State has not come out with a "Black Gene". We all know it dont taste good unless it's Black.

The name "CWD" (Certified White Deer) is already taken.

It's a disease.

I wonder if those white deer "Marble" better?

Crowderfarms":3esa86re said:

I guess it'd better for the predators to eat them then have humans eat them.

dun

dun":3qor8tyv said:
Crowderfarms":3qor8tyv said:

dun
Only Predators here are Vehicles and Bullets. :lol:

We do have the occaisional Panther, and Saber Tooth Tiger sightings. But then again, they still make Moonshine here too.

Crowderfarms":9br0o8m8 said:
dun":9br0o8m8 said:
Crowderfarms":9br0o8m8 said:

dun

We do have the occaisional Panther, and Saber Tooth Tiger sightings. But then again, they still make Moonshine here too.

No bobcats or coyotes?

dun

dun":2s7ecb4w said:
Crowderfarms":2s7ecb4w said:
dun":2s7ecb4w said:
Crowderfarms":2s7ecb4w said:

dun

No bobcats or coyotes?

dun
Few Bobcats, loads of Coyotes. More Deer killed here with Q-Beams and .22's

NamVet_Farmer44":2aaqw18i said:
I shot a piebald deer a few years ago...I hope it aint illegal in Virginia

As far as I know it isn't illegal here in Va. I've read the booklet that's available regarding all the regulations, and have seen nothing regarding white or piebald being illegal to kill.

I have seen several mounts of white deer, the whole body mounted and a friend had a piebald deer mounted, just the head. Nice looking deer.

Katherine

Latest posts