Alabama Crimson Tide

Help Support CattleToday:

Counting your chickens? Unless your referring to the Georgia LSU game,... What happens if LSU loses the SEC championship game? Is the Nat. championship game going to be played by two teams which neither won their conference?

Alan

If LSU doesn't slip up it looks like a rematch with Alabama in the championship. A lot of folks won't like that but as far as I'm concerned they're the two best teams and that's who should be playing. Should be a great game if that's how it ends up.

By the way, five teams in the SEC with at least 10 wins. That's impressive, especially in that conference.

highgrit":w2dp591g said:
They looked great, good luck LSU your going to need it.
Gotta make the dance first. Good chance OSU will get picked since LSU already beat Alabama once. :mrgreen: What would playing them again accomplish.

In all seriousness, I believe LSU is the best team in the country and they will no doubt have no problems with Georgia. I think Bama is probably the next best, already played LSU and lost. I don't like the senerios that would result in a rematch; LSU wins "it's no big deal we did it before", Bama wins is it the best two out of three? I would really like to see OSU ( assuming they get by OK) or Stanford play them, both would be one loss teams who hasn't had a shot at them...... Playoff anyone?

Alan

Well, being a Tennessee fan we stink, I remember bammer not so long stunk to but they decided to pay the big bucks for a new coach and it paid off. It doesn't make sense that LSU has to beat the same team twice to win the NC but bammer can beat LSU once and lose to them once and still win the NC. I do think bammer is as good as anyone but I don't think many people outside the states of bammer and Louisiana will watch it, I might but maybe not.

In my opinion, the best two teams should play in the championship game and this year that would be LSU and Alabama, assuming LSU beats Georgia. LSU has the toughest schedule in the country and has met all comers. Alabama has the 2nd toughest schedule in the country and has lost only to the No. 1 team in a close game. It's not their fault they play in the same conference and played each other earlier in the year. Why should they be punished for that? There are other good teams out there but they've lost to lesser teams than LSU or Alabama and don't deserve a shot, IMO. Anyone that doesn't like the idea of a rematch between two teams in the same conference can watch two 7-5 teams battle it out in the Whatever Bowl. I'll be watching the two best teams play for the National Championship and loving every minute of it.

VanC":2lutbqs5 said:
In my opinion, the best two teams should play in the championship game and this year that would be LSU and Alabama, assuming LSU beats Georgia. LSU has the toughest schedule in the country and has met all comers. Alabama has the 2nd toughest schedule in the country and has lost only to the No. 1 team in a close game. It's not their fault they play in the same conference and played each other earlier in the year. Why should they be punished for that? There are other good teams out there but they've lost to lesser teams than LSU or Alabama and don't deserve a shot, IMO. Anyone that doesn't like the idea of a rematch between two teams in the same conference can watch two 7-5 teams battle it out in the Whatever Bowl. I'll be watching the two best teams play for the National Championship and loving every minute of it.

Re-matches are usually good games. Wish I was cheering for a BCS Bowl team :cry2:

The voters get 1/3 the vote .. they might put V Tec in since they are ranked 3 rd and since the bcs started they haven't put two teams in the national title game from the same conference.. in 06 the team ranked 3 rd played over the team ranked 2nd

JSCATTLE":2d4sjihz said:
The voters get 1/3 the vote .. they might put V Tec in since they are ranked 3 rd and since the bcs started they haven't put two teams in the national title game from the same conference.. in 06 the team ranked 3 rd played over the team ranked 2nd
BCS has VT ranked 5th and O St. Ranked 3rd. If O St. Beats Ok it will be them or Bama in the title game. If they lose it's Bama or Stanford. VT is the only other team in the top five with a game left and it's against #20 Clemson.
The interesting scenario is if Georgia beats LSU and O St. Beats Ok. Could be O St. vs Bama.

JSCATTLE":3hau2nvx said:
I agree. I'm not saying that I wouldn't want to see a LSU - Alabama rematch but I don't think it will happen and those Bama fans are going to be mad.

Isom the coaches poll had them at 3 this am .. but okie st doesn't have a defence and Oklahoma will beat them .Stanford will be jumped by va tec after them beat clemson . Then its up to the voters ..

TexasBred":sk4b1qlh said:
highgrit":sk4b1qlh said:
I felt Alabama beat LSU but lost the game. It seems to happen in football alot.

I felt my Aggies beat the Horns Thursday too but the scoreboard disagreed. :p

A&M has one of the best teams they have in years, someone just needs to tell them there are four quarters in the game. They have lost five or six games this year where they had double digit leads at one time. And you know TB I'm a fan.

Alan

Van, the only problem I have with a Bama-LSU rematch is Bama had their shot and lost. Let one of the other 1 lost teams have a shot. Like my Ducks, the Tide blew their chance at LSU. Bama can't be 1&1with LSU and still be the nat. Champs in my book, a 1&1 record against a team with other teams with just as good of records in the wing is not the way to do it.

Alan