Airplane question

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver

Reaction score
I was cutting hay today and noticed 3 jets overhead. Not really unusual, we seem to be under a flight path. What I thought was most interesting was that two aircraft of what appeared to be vastly different size were travelling together at about the same speed. I watched them until I had to turn around, and when I looked again the larger plane was still moving along, but the smaller aircraft had disappeared. The vapour trail just stopped. Took me a minute to get stopped and take a pic, but you can still see where the vapour trail stops. When I first saw the pair it reminded me of when I was a kid the Americans would test fly their Cruise missiles over here. So the question is: what was I looking at? Anyway, the answer might be really simple but it did give me something to ponder while in the hay field today. You might have to zoom in a bit.
2AC11BD8-0583-4992-9CB4-438D25D089A6.jpeg25C576E9-C549-47FF-AE0B-4D819D7F0868.jpeg

Nothing unusual. A large airplane and a smaller one, maybe a corporate jet or an RJ (regional jet) They will be at different altitudes generally. The vapor trail is formed under certain circumstances depending on temperature and vapor density. The smaller airplane may have changed altitude or no longer produced enough heat to produce the vapor trail.

Nothing unusual. A large airplane and a smaller one, maybe a corporate jet or an RJ (regional jet) They will be at different altitudes generally. The vapor trail is formed under certain circumstances depending on temperature and vapor density. The smaller airplane may have changed altitude or no longer produced enough heat to produce the vapor trail.
Perhaps. Being under a flight path we see a constant stream of jets overhead. Just never seen a vapour trail just end. They tend to be pretty consistent. So it may not be unusual, but I've never seen it before.

We are on the occasional flight path of military jets and have been since I was a kid. Sometime those guys seem like they are buzzing by only 20ft above my roof and it will sure get your attention when they do.

The vapor trail is formed under certain circumstances depending on temperature and vapor density.
They are chem trails, it is the government trying to control us by spraying lithium in the air. I saw a show on tv about it and read an internet article so it must be true.

(By the way, this post is sarcasm) :cool:

An old saying here is "vapor trails in the sky means rain in three days".
I have found it true more often than not.
Hope you get the hay up before it rains.

I get them all the time above us and I haven't seen rain in 6 weeks. I have also heard that when cows lay down it's about to rain, but that one doesn't work either.

Vapour trails pretty well every day here seems like. Also, it's been 6 days since I took those pics and not a drop. Could use some though.

Latest posts