Airline employment

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Just watched an interview with the CEO for United. He said that the stimulus runs out the first of Oct. That United had no choice other than to lay off about 16000 people he said that they could not survive with burning through 25 million a day. He also said that he thinks that the airline industry will not be the same for a long time and will not return to normal any time soon. He also emphazed that the hotel and that type industry is also hurting.

I bought some American airline stock when it started dropping in the beginning. It kept dropping, finally made it back to where I bought it and I dumped it. I'm afraid this might last a while

Ky cowboy said:
I bought some American airline stock when it started dropping in the beginning. It kept dropping, finally made it back to where I bought it and I dumped it. I'm afraid this might last a while

Dire straits will make people change their living habits. just like we in the cattle business do. I am trying to do more with less will it work will have to wait on the calf sales this year.

Ky cowboy said:

I think you made the right choice. Things are going to crash if they don't get a bailout soon, and I wouldn't place any bets on that happening.

The virus isn't going away after the election, regardless of who wins. It's probably going to be a rough winter, even if we are lucky enough to get a good vaccine soon.

Ky cowboy said:
I still think you cant go wrong in stocks right now. Long term investment

There's no where else to go with your money right now. If you're in the cattle business then you are probably over-weighted on real estate.

I was looking to buy two tickets home from Denver to New Hampshire and it's going cost $99 for myself. So I went a bought a $49 and will be stopping to see my cousin in Nashville. Tickets have definitely gotten cheaper.

Buck Randall said:
Ky cowboy said:

I think you made the right choice. Things are going to crash if they don't get a bailout soon, and I wouldn't place any bets on that happening.

The virus isn't going away after the election, regardless of who wins. It's probably going to be a rough winter, even if we are lucky enough to get a good vaccine soon.

"The virus isn't going away after the election, regardless of who wins." You meet anybody that actually has/had it, has actually encountered or knew of an actual pandemic sick person? I haven't!

Texasmark said:
Buck Randall said:
Ky cowboy said:

"The virus isn't going away after the election, regardless of who wins." You meet anybody that actually has/had it, has actually encountered or knew of an actual pandemic sick person? I haven't!
I know of three.

hurleyjd said:
Texasmark said:
Buck Randall said:

I know of three.

I know of 9 and counting. So far only one has succumbed to the China virus. Obese woman 63 years of age.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
hurleyjd said:
Texasmark said:
I know of three.

I know of 9 and counting. So far only one has succumbed to the China virus. Obese woman 63 years of age.
Wood County Texas my county
Wood County cases
Updated Sep 16 at 9:24 AM local
Confirmed
+14
Deaths
+2
Recovered

I know 18 including myself. Ranging from not even knowing they had it until after the fact, to being sick for a month and still fighting damage to organs. No deaths though, ages ranged from early 20's to early 60's and all in good health.

I was sick for 2 weeks, it's been over 2 months since my recovery but still get tired after a minute or two of physical work. Heart is just racing. Makes chores take a long time. Hopefully it isn't a permanent thing.

Texasmark said:
Buck Randall said:
Ky cowboy said:

I know several, two dead, and one more who spent nearly a month in the hospital.

ChrisB said:
I was sick for 2 weeks, it's been over 2 months since my recovery but still get tired after a minute or two of physical work. Heart is just racing. Makes chores take a long time. Hopefully it isn't a permanent thing.

I pray that you have a full recovery, and are able to put this all behind you and get back to your normal way of life.

All mainstream industries are now suffering from the restrictions associated with the pandemic. Countries and cities that are attractive to tourists have also lost a lot this year. How long this trend will last is hard to guess. And so it turns out that in order to survive, companies need to either lay off employees or send them on unpaid leave.

Latest posts