Somebody explain airline ticket price logic....

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett

Reaction score
A few days ago I was trying to book a flight from Houston, TX to Jacksonville, FL....kind of a short notice trip so the price quote was something like $1000.... :lol: Not!..........cause that still involves a hundred mile trip to Houston and plus a car rental and a 70 mile trip to my final destination............

Found out I could drive 80 miles to Austin and fly to Houston to catch the flight to Jacksonville for about $735......The logic gears in my mind are now starting to gum up....Ok still got to hasle with he car rental so trip is still over $1000

So digging and searching other routes....so on a 4 day notice I book a trip out of Austin, Tx to Charlotte, NC then hop a plane to my final destination for $750............and now a car rental is not needed.

But the biggest puzzle to me was the flight from Houston to Jacksonville cost more than the flight from Austin to Houston to then to Jacksonville.....where the plane being flown is the same plane in both pricing scenarios :dunce: Almost have to swear this is a government run operation.....

I think all they try to do is fill seats. As long as the seats are filled they will fly the plane and make money. I wonder if this is the best timing for a flight though with the FAA and other airport authorities looking for ways to prove their budgets shouldn't be cut. Have a good trip and enjoy the afternoon showers they are having.

1982vett":2pxjm3cn said:
A few days ago I was trying to book a flight from Houston, TX to Jacksonville, FL....kind of a short notice trip so the price quote was something like $1000.... :lol: Not!..........cause that still involves a hundred mile trip to Houston and plus a car rental and a 70 mile trip to my final destination............

Found out I could drive 80 miles to Austin and fly to Houston to catch the flight to Jacksonville for about $735......The logic gears in my mind are now starting to gum up....Ok still got to hasle with he car rental so trip is still over $1000

So digging and searching other routes....so on a 4 day notice I book a trip out of Austin, Tx to Charlotte, NC then hop a plane to my final destination for $750............and now a car rental is not needed.

But the biggest puzzle to me was the flight from Houston to Jacksonville cost more than the flight from Austin to Houston to then to Jacksonville.....where the plane being flown is the same plane in both pricing scenarios :dunce: Almost have to swear this is a government run operation.....

IMO the first mistake was getting on the plane, don't fly aint going to fly, and you can't make me fly!
I would have pinned the ears back on a 7.3 to Fl.
Two things if you throw a spider on me or ever got me on an airplane when I get through crying and cleaned up firearms are going to be involved.

glad to see there is someone else on here who hates spiders to, and not another woman.

Have a safe trip vet, the way the airlines work is beyond me, I don't understand how they work out their fares either.

Well CB, I saw a sad sight leaving Austin this morning....absolutely looked like nothing but sand dunes from the plane......anyway I guess ignorance is bliss cause I didn't know a thing about the FAA stuff till I was already here. Flights were smooth and airports functioned seamless for all I knew

Latest posts