AI versus Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

cedar

Reaction score
After last weekends debate, I became curious as to how many bull users, have kinda kicked themselves in the backside after daughters are in production and bull is gone....for not collecting semen and having the abilitity to tap into those genetics again for females.
Jeff
Cedarbrook Red Angus

I have and try not to get caught doing that but it happens..

We haven't collected some bulls and wished we had. It is just one of those things that happens. It is a good insurance policy.

have a cold one

lazy ace

How many bulls born in the US do you think really get collected on. Seriously not that many.

We are kicking ourselves for not collecting from our last bull. We bought a registered Red Angus for our commercial herd. He was a good looking bull and did a really good job for us. When we got into the purebredsl we looked up his pedigree and found out his sire Red JCC Kovoo 50J was a champion. We only got to breed him to some of our purebreds for one season before he injured his back and had to go. We got 3 bull calves that we are selling in the spring and 3 heifers that we are keeping. Wish we could get more. My Avatar is one of his heifers, she is from a first calver and is 9 months in the picture.

Victoria":6ydvojpr said:
We are kicking ourselves for not collecting from our last bull. We bought a registered Red Angus for our commercial herd. He was a good looking bull and did a really good job for us. When we got into the purebredsl we looked up his pedigree and found out his sire Red JCC Kovoo 50J was a champion. We only got to breed him to some of our purebreds for one season before he injured his back and had to go. We got 3 bull calves that we are selling in the spring and 3 heifers that we are keeping. Wish we could get more. My Avatar is one of his heifers, she is from a first calver and is 9 months in the picture.
Victoria, check your PM

Latest posts