AI to a Gelbveih

Help Support CattleToday:

cowwrangler

Reaction score
i am gonna ai my second calf hefeirs to a black gelveih,they will be used for replacements,just wondering what bulls have been used and likes/dislikes,hopeing you all can give me some ideas which bull or bulls to use

Haven't used him but if I could get some older Hereford cows Ild (and hope to) use BooBoo from ABS

dun

dun":3sd2kdtj said:
Haven't used him but if I could get some older Hereford cows Ild (and hope to) use BooBoo from ABS

dun

Dun curious as to why Boo Boo with older Herfords.He is a calving ease bull as I used him in my heifers this year.I am interested in the genetics that would come from that please post back.

cowwrangler":3guan1nz said:
i am gonna ai my second calf hefeirs to a black gelveih,they will be used for replacements,just wondering what bulls have been used and likes/dislikes,hopeing you all can give me some ideas which bull or bulls to use

There are a lot of good Gelvieh AI sires out there, but without knowing anything at all about your cows and what you are trying to accomplish, it is hard to recommend a bull to use on them. What are you looking for in terms of milk, muscle, frame, performance, birthweight, color, etc.?

Boo Boo is hetero polled and hetero black if that is a concern. He has left some good cattle up here. I like the muscle he left in my calves and they came easily.

Latest posts