AI bulls that are worth trying

Help Support CattleToday:

VLS, with Right Now having around 200 head of calves being reported this fall I expect his BW EPD to be below 0 or close to it this spring.. Ratio this spring on calves was 89 (1.3 bW EPD) compared to New Standard (-1.4) with a 104 and 22 Duke 9003's (-3.2) ratio of 99... Also you can ask different breeders with right now you just get so much more thickness and mass... along with Predictability.. and his calves had a average ADJ WW of 732 this fall.. New Standard you will get High Performance, less Muscles mass and alot of horns.. Have heard that almost 35% of calves are horned...

Also New Standard is out of RIGHT NOW"S FLUSH mate...

American Grade has been leased by an Austrailian group .. He has sent almost 2000 straws of semen overseas and I am using him internally but we are not selling semen outside..

I didn't look it up but that REG for Clean sounds right... We have had calves from California, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, and Montana.. Everyone is saying his vigor on calves are amazing.. Person from California said calf was balling before it hit the ground coming out of the cow.. HEHEHEH I know but it is a good thing.. Also the average Actuall Birth Weight for his calves this spring were 67 .. Small.. but had an Average WW of 647 on 18 head this spring... Right at a 97 ratio in the angus group..
also we sold 16 head this summer of commercial steers everyone of them went CAB.. Also Rap on Corona 2016 daughters is as 1st calf breeders.. Now I had 9 head of 2016 daughters and 7 of 9 bred 1st season so my use of him wasn't that bad.... but all 23 head of Clean daughters in two seasons that have been kept in two herds bred first season...

ALSO HE IS DEFECT FREE >> #1 importance unless you want to tell your customers they have a "possible" even slight Genetic Defect in them... :(

Dusty":33w7pgvb said:
VLS, with Right Now having around 200 head of calves being reported this fall I expect his BW EPD to be below 0 or close to it this spring.. Ratio this spring on calves was 89 (1.3 bW EPD) compared to New Standard (-1.4) with a 104 and 22 Duke 9003's (-3.2) ratio of 99... Also you can ask different breeders with right now you just get so much more thickness and mass... along with Predictability.. and his calves had a average ADJ WW of 732 this fall.. New Standard you will get High Performance, less Muscles mass and alot of horns.. Have heard that almost 35% of calves are horned...

Also New Standard is out of RIGHT NOW"S FLUSH mate...

American Grade has been leased by an Austrailian group .. He has sent almost 2000 straws of semen overseas and I am using him internally but we are not selling semen outside..

I didn't look it up but that REG for Clean sounds right... We have had calves from California, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, and Montana.. Everyone is saying his vigor on calves are amazing.. Person from California said calf was balling before it hit the ground coming out of the cow.. HEHEHEH I know but it is a good thing.. Also the average Actuall Birth Weight for his calves this spring were 67 .. Small.. but had an Average WW of 647 on 18 head this spring... Right at a 97 ratio in the angus group..
also we sold 16 head this summer of commercial steers everyone of them went CAB.. Also Rap on Corona 2016 daughters is as 1st calf breeders.. Now I had 9 head of 2016 daughters and 7 of 9 bred 1st season so my use of him wasn't that bad.... but all 23 head of Clean daughters in two seasons that have been kept in two herds bred first season...

ALSO HE IS DEFECT FREE >> #1 importance unless you want to tell your customers they have a "possible" even slight Genetic Defect in them... :(

Have heard that almost 35% of calves are horned

I am calling :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: on that. PROVE IT!

12 head here.. All dams are polled 7 calves have horns or big scurs....
21 head in Missouri Group .. 4 scurred cows, 1 horned cow.. and 11 have either scurs or horns he was not sure yet...
6 head in Iowa group.. 1 has horns..

Natural sired calves ... 14 registered 4 dehorns and 4 scurred.. as far as I can tell on AICA registrations... I am sure most of Joe's calves are Naturally sired.. Now M6 may of dehorned some that could of been scurs to get a nicer look.. Don't know..

Now Hales had mostly polled calves by him, and so did CWC but M6 has mutiple dehorns and that could be why M6 is keeping possession of the Lot 1 son of him in sale out of a Homo Polled cow.. (have 1/2 sisters to lot 1 bull and they all are smooth polled)

Dusty":300guat4 said:
12 head here.. All dams are polled 7 calves have horns or big scurs....
21 head in Missouri Group .. 4 scurred cows, 1 horned cow.. and 11 have either scurs or horns he was not sure yet...
6 head in Iowa group.. 1 has horns..

Natural sired calves ... 14 registered 4 dehorns and 4 scurred.. as far as I can tell on AICA registrations... I am sure most of Joe's calves are Naturally sired.. Now M6 may of dehorned some that could of been scurs to get a nicer look.. Don't know..

Now Hales had mostly polled calves by him, and so did CWC but M6 has mutiple dehorns and that could be why M6 is keeping possession of the Lot 1 son of him in sale out of a Homo Polled cow.. (have 1/2 sisters to lot 1 bull and they all are smooth polled)

I want to be very clear which "NEW STANDARD" we are talking about. It was my impression you meant LCC New Standard.

I would agree that M6 has produced plenty of good bulls heterozygous polled bulls. But that will not stop many from using him back in Canada. I had no problem selling horned bulls as long as the quality was there. In fact some guys wouldn't buy a polled bull- no kidding.
What are you using as an outcross on your M6 breeding?

Kscattle":2k6zeehv said:
I was talking about LCC new standard

Spoke to the AAA yesterday. His gr gr grandfather had scurs. To the best of my knowledge the scurred gene is not the same as the horned gene. I can see some scurs but not horns. I had a grandson of his born with scurs but he was out of a GV cow that carried the scurred gene.

If he is throwing horned calves with Angus cows I need someone to explain that to me for sure.

I was talking about both New Standards... bull last year that was good was the Angus New Stardard bull...

Bull that is throwing those horns is the Charolais New Standard bull...

Dusty":1eqta52h said:
I was talking about both New Standards... bull last year that was good was the Angus New Stardard bull...

Bull that is throwing those horns is the Charolais New Standard bull...

I finally understand Dusty.,wasn't trying to pull your chain........I agree onLCC New Standard. to me the only thing I don't like about him is his milk EPD

Latest posts