Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70 or older

• really really old

• Total voters

Beefy

Reaction score
How old are you according to your DOB. not how old do you feel or how old you act.

I clicked the box for 40-50.

My friend who had the Brahma bull I've posted about is 64. (has no children and no other family members are interested in coninuing on with the cows after he dies)

One neighbor (son-in-law from a post on another thread) is 53.(has one daughter, not interested in anything regarding the out-of-doors)

Another neighbor who runs cows is 62. (has no children)

Fellow up the road, who's Limo bull found his way here, along with a heifer at a different time, he's 68, has 3 sons, none are interested in the "business"

A Limo breeder, 6 miles from here is 72, and has a real nice set-up and been doing it forever has 4 children who are all involved in realestate no interest in the cattle.

I know of 3 youngsters (under 20) who paricipate in 4-H, still too young to have decided what to do with the rest of their lives.

Katherine

38 here, its interesting and encouraging to see that after the 40-50 category the next highest one is the under 20 category.

It all depends on the time of day. In the moring when i get up I am very old and stove up. When i have had a cup of coffee and a little strighting i am around 30. Then about noon i am climbing up in years. Then come supper time after the work is done i am well over 60. So as you see it just depends on the time of day. good luck.

dun":3rr7mgig said:
Apparantly the other old pharts aren't going to play

dun

Well since the rest of the old farts wont say their age...i'll be the first...62 years young :lol:

MULDOON":67s66owt said:
I clicked 40-50,
I'm 40 , so I guess I could have clicked 30-40,

Does this mean that I'm "feeling my age?" :roll:

good point. next time i wont overlap ages. didnt think about that. :oops:

I selected "Under 20." In my experience, a lot of the kids I see showing have found dreams of continuing their family farm. I wouldn't doubt that getting your child involved showing can help to increase their interest in remaining in agriculture. However...

What I've also seen is that many of the kids growing up in the suburbs learning ag in a school barn and taking ag classes like me, are the ones that want to head out to the country and start up a little place of their own. Some of the kids I know from showing who already live out in the country, plan to get away from it as fast as they can once they've graduated. It's a sad shame. :(

Jay

Nowland Farms":3h8ydy84 said:
dun":3h8ydy84 said:
Apparantly the other old pharts aren't going to play

dun

Dun, there may not be many of them "old pharts" left.......... :lol:

We're gaining on them now!

dun

22 here. But most of my friends call me an old man b/c i've got a full time job and do the whole work 40 or so hours a week thing.

I guess I'm the old codger on here, just turned 65 a couple of weeks ago. Just came in from the hay field about half hour ago, feel 75 right now.

Latest posts