Reaction score
What do you do?

GONE FISHIN :D

P1010011-1.jpg

P1010016.jpg

~

Boy these look good~!

What did you use for bait ?

I think I recognize Perch, Rainbow Trout and... sunfish ?

What others did ya get and how long did it take you to git'em ?

You eat them all up already ?

How do you like to cook em--lemon & butter ..or ?
--fried, grilled or...?

Its pouring here today--a good day to find some worms and go fishing.

Thanks for the incentive ;-)

i see all of these kinds of fish mentioned, i think. i guess those are trout on the end... dont ever see those around here.

Cow-Town, You must be a old fisherman from way back 8) This is a long ways from Texas :shock: You got it right, all species.

There are some lakes up here that have size limits, and slot limits.
But those Crappies are of legal size. Fishing has gotten better :D :D and my keepers are gaining in size. 8)

CowCop, All these fish were caught on nightcrawlers and Fathead minnows fishing from shore. And fishing has gotten better.

We've been eating lots of meals of fish lately.

We dust them in flour, then sear in hot oil. OR

Dip in beat egg, then roll in fine crushed saltines, then the hot oil.

Or sometimes use a storebought shorelunch type coating. OR microwave with real butter.

VERY VERY GOOD eating!

mnmtranching":3uiwczsz said:
Cow-Town, You must be a old fisherman from way back 8) This is a long ways from Texas :shock: You got it right, all species.

There are some lakes up here that have size limits, and slot limits.
But those Crappies are of legal size. Fishing has gotten better :D :D and my keepers are gaining in size. 8)

Well thank you , as a matter of fact I am an old fisherman.

We caught 9 catfish on a 10 hook trotline in about 30 minutes last night! Boy was that fun! We used little perch for bait. I found a new recipie that turned out real good. Sautee the catfish in real butter, dill, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. YUM!

sidney411":2qcy5n3n said:
We caught 9 catfish on a 10 hook trotline in about 30 minutes last night! Boy was that fun! We used little perch for bait. I found a new recipie that turned out real good. Sautee the catfish in real butter, dill, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. YUM!

Which body of water did you catch them in ? Just name a stream or lake and I've more than likely been there. Wish work would allow me the time to do some fishin'.

I can pretty much guarantee you haven't been here! LOL! It's in our front pasture and we stocked it about 6 yrs ago. They are doing real good!

Try dipping in butter milk then cornmeal with salt a pepper then fry.
Now that was one cold beer you had. just look at the frost on that thing.

I normally do fry it but Dad's here with us and he is diabetic so not supposed to eat fried foods. BTW, if anyone else has any not fried catfish recipies I need to try a few! Thanks!

sidney411":380oforo said:
I normally do fry it but Dad's here with us and he is diabetic so not supposed to eat fried foods. BTW, if anyone else has any not fried catfish recipies I need to try a few! Thanks!
I don't think it is leagel to eat catfish unless you fry it.

alabama":mg0zay8r said:
sidney411":mg0zay8r said:

its not.

Beefy":1db239cc said:
alabama":1db239cc said:
sidney411":1db239cc said:

its not.

Yeah, does seem like catfish are meant to be fried. :D

sidney411":6932bou0 said:
I can pretty much guarantee you haven't been here! LOL! It's in our front pasture and we stocked it about 6 yrs ago. They are doing real good!

I was referring to public waterways because thats where I thought you were talking about. We had to re-stock all of ours this spring after losing every fish we had when everything dried up last year. Going to be a long wait.