After 50 Years

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
We have all questioned why things are as they are. In many situations, our questions are rhetorical. We know the answers. Here is the best collection of those same answers from black people. Please read them. There are good people out there. We do not hear enough from them, and they don't stand on every street corner at every opportunity to shout absurd obscenities through their media mega phone. They are speaking the same language as many of us and have many of the same beliefs we have.

Please read these, and be encouraged, try to be encouraged.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/3 ... -symposium

Like:
Fifty years ago, Dr. King provided America with a provocative vision, in which our republic would become a place of greater political and economic liberty for African Americans. However, in 2013, when we examine the black underclass in cities like Detroit, Chicago, and Washington, D.C., we can see how the politics of progressivism singlehandedly turned King's dream into a nightmare.
and
Limited government, property rights, equality under the law, natural law, individual rights, and democracy constitute the American Creed — the basis upon which the Declaration of Independence, the Articles of Confederation, the U.S. Constitution, and the state constitutions were written. It is the Creed, not the founding documents or the political institutions that have emerged from them, that is this nation's promissory note.

The enduring political relevance and intellectual power of Martin Luther King Jr.'s August 28, 1963, speech on the National Mall is that he made his appeal to the nation about the condition of the American Negro on the basis of the Creed. He did not utter a word about Congress, the courts, or the presidency. He spoke instead about "the magnificent words of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence" and invoked "the promises of democracy."

plus so much more....

And another...

I dream that Americans of all races would reject government interference in entrepreneurial initiative and encroachment on the God-ordained authority of the family. While Dr. King had higher hopes for the positive effects of government intervention than I, he would have certainly agreed that it should never trespass on the mission of the Church. And he would have surely shared the vision of the prophet Jeremiah: "Build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce. Marry and have sons and daughters; find wives for your sons and give your daughters in marriage, so that they too may have sons and daughters. Increase in number there; do not decrease. Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper" (Jer. 29:5-7).

It is so rich....

One reason for the immediate, and enduring, success of the speech is the way that King wrapped his call for action within a fundamentally conservative idiom, drawing upon the deepest elements of American identity: Sacred Scripture, patriotic songs, history, geography, and above all the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, which King quotes more often in his speeches and writings than any other text except the Bible.

HD I guess im slow but what is this post trying to address or state ? I am not being an A.H. just truly don't understand :help:

skyhightree1":3hp8tshi said:
HD I guess im slow but what is this post trying to address or state ? I am not being an A.H. just truly don't understand :help:
There is chasm between the black people we hear from on a daily basis like Al Sharpton and the feelings of conservative attitudes like mine.

The link was a collection of writing by black people about the state of black people today that I find uplifting and refreshing compared to the other black voices we hear from all too often.

HDRider":idhem3xf said:
skyhightree1":idhem3xf said:
There is chasm between the black people we hear from on a daily basis like Al Sharpton and the feelings of conservative attitudes like mine.

The link was a collection of writing by black people about the state of black people today that I find uplifting and refreshing compared to the other black voices we hear from all too often.

Gotcha.. I understand now. :D

Obama said today that MLK would approve of everything that he was trying to achieve today. He has no right to make that statement and uses it to twist the arms of people that can not think for themselves.

HDR, wish you could have eaten lunch with me today. I had lunch with a black man who is fixing to retire after 30 years from a large company and he is starting up his own business. His brother will retire in two years. He brought up this subject and got to talking about n!!ggers and white trash and how they are tearing the country down and hurting what he had worked for all his life and how his social security won't be squat because of the abuse of this system due to the abuse of it. He told me about ways people he knew were abusing these systems and how it just made him sick but it seemed no one cared to stop it. I also got the impression he was for the use of the N word because he didn't want the sorry ones to be characterized as black people because he felt it pulled him back and gave the race a bad name. I understood exactly what he was talking about and shared most if not all his opinions on things.

Chuckie":gnekzttw said:
Obama said today that MLK would approve of everything that he was trying to achieve today. He has no right to make that statement and uses it to twist the arms of people that can not think for themselves.
You are surprised? I'm sure you aren't. O is going to tie himself tightly as he can to MLk Jr. MLK was a great orator, O wishes he was more like Martin. He is going to tie himself to Abe Lincoln, who was a really great orator. Obama stands on the shoulders of men who risked everything for a little respect. Born after most of the landmark civil rights legislation passed a Congress of mostly white men, BHO never experienced the struggle of the black race, but he will talk like he was out there leading a freedom march through Mississippi. MLK would be very critical of BHO, in my opinion. The black unemployment rate is shameful. And it is mostly BHO's fault, for his economic policy's.

Latest posts