ABS Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Don't take it to the extreme here, folks.

Sure, shape does matter, when comparing extremes.

We all know that.

But in this case, with an extreme performance bull like this. His daughters nutrient requirements will be more like a Simmental's than an Angus, due to the extra weight those cows will carry.

Don't confuse the issue here.

If they weigh 1400 pounds, then they will eat like they weigh 1400 pounds. Whether they are Angus, Simmental, whatever.

Sure, some butterball frame 3 1400 pounder eats differently than some 8 frame 1400 pounders. We aren't talking about differences like that. This bull throws smaller than average height. Maybe something like a frame score 5, with his YW, they will weigh up like some frame score 6 Simmentals.

So, the reference is frame score 6 Simmentals weighing 1400 pounds, vs frame score 5 Angus weighing 1400 pounds. Sure, I like them a little lower frame, but when we are only a couple inches difference, then they are basically shaped the same.

This bulls daughters will weigh up like SImmentals, they will be a little bit shorter. Not enough to make any difference in terms of what they eat.

They will weigh like Simmies, they will eat like Simmies.

End of story.

mtnman

That is a low accuracy figure.

He also performed way above his parental average for WW and YW, so I expect his MW EPD will climb steadily higher too.

Make sense?

mtnman

Mtnkid, you are a dork! I don't know how many Foresight you have seen but the bull is actually pretty good and sires some muscle.

Why would you compare breeds to begin, that's what has gotten the beef industry where it is today.

Foresight leaves muscle, growth and should make bulls and heifers equally well.

Latest posts