AARRRRRGGGGGHHHH! Real Estate Agents!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
The property next to ours is for sale. No one has lived on the place for about the last three months. Joe (the neighbor) has always been a great neighbor and we will miss him a lot. He has a couple of acres behind his house and the gate bewteen his pasture and our's has a gate that we left open so that our animals have extra grazing. He told his real estate agent to make sure that the gates are always closed so nothing gets out.

You guessed it. There wasn't an animal on the place this morning. They were all out in the road. The gate behind Joe's house was left open. I was out in the dark trying to round them back up again. And they have been out so long that they are all nervous and won't even come to the feed bucket. I'm about seeing red. I guess I'll have to close the gate between our places so my donks won't get out again. I am just glad that they didn't cause an accident.

It makes me think back to when Steve had the house on the market before we married. He decided not to sell in the end, but half the time, I would go by there on the way to work and all the gates were wide open. I don't know if it was real estate agents or nosey neighbors. All I know is that 8 donkeys on
that busy road could have caused a real problem.

Lesson learned. It is as much my fault as anyone's. Just venting.

combination locks on the gate between yours and his...............

I hate for it to come to that, but...

All the properties around here are connected by gates. I don't know if that is some sort of ordinance so that the fire departments can get from one place to another easily or if it was some sort of deed restriction. I don't know if I can lock it or not. Anyway, it was the man gate to the guy's back yard out to his pasture, not his big gate. All the donks got into the neighbor's back yard and then out to the road and onto the guy next to the neighbor's property because he has no fence.

I almost didn't see them.

They knew they had been very very bad donkeys! :mad:

The oilfield equipment trucks turned off of the road and onto the side road. They turned to sharp. They took out my corner posts and gate. They never said a word, didn't call etc.

Saturday I was told it would be fixed first thing Monday a.m. This afternoon the post is still out the the gate is still down. I drove down to the rig. A big burly dude decided he didn't like my attitude. He was only about 6' - 4 inches. It was all I could do to keep from kicking him upside the head. He got mouthy so I invited him to come on across the fence. Now I cut up a whole bunch in this forum but this was serious. I had the boots off and already planned the first four kicks he was going to get before he hit the ground. He decided he wasn't all that bad after all.

They promise to have a crew on the fence first thing in the morning.

Lammie, do you remember that lower hay field? I have a 5 acre pond and a 5 acres drilling pad in the middle of it now. There is probably only 60 acres of good coastal field left. They ran a pipe line the clear perimiter of the place I have leased. There is terraces all around the pipe line and that road you went down is totally gone too. Saturday a.m. I am taking the hoe down there and start knocking down terraces. This has gone on way too long.

BHB,

At least 3 times in the last two months I've been stopped on Hwy. 67 because of a wreck replete with fire trucks and ambulances...at the same spot. It's right after ya' come off the old bridge between Glen Rose and Cleburne. I thought the way the new bridge/hwy. construction was that it would be an improvement...I don't know now. Those construction/gas trucks are getting really bold when they turn out onto 67.

Alice

Alice":2cq5rl2g said:
BHB,

At least 3 times in the last two months I've been stopped on Hwy. 67 because of a wreck replete with fire trucks and ambulances...at the same spot. It's right after ya' come off the old bridge between Glen Rose and Cleburne. I thought the way the new bridge/hwy. construction was that it would be an improvement...I don't know now. Those construction/gas trucks are getting really bold when they turn out onto 67.

Alice

That locale is only about 2 miles from the farm. But it is about 15 miles by road. I get my fertilizer from Riddle right there at that location. The old cattle trail at the old Fort Spunky river crossing has been closed down so I have to drag those trailers all the way around.

Alice, that spot has always been bad for wrecks. There's just too much growth in that area and everyone's in a hurry.

Boogie, I can see what a mess that field looks like now. As the lessee, you aren't getting anything out of that, are you? I regularly have to stop to wait on tanker trucks that are stopped, wrecked, turned over or what have you. I saw one on 2415 that had the front wheels off the road on one side and the back wheels off the road on the other. He was stuck in the middle. :roll: I think they hire anyone to drive those things, and the weight they carry is really tearing up the roads bad.

Still, we take our money for the lease on the mineral rights and hope they drill a good well...

Oh well, human greed. I'm just as sinful as the next guy when it comes to the almighty dollar...

Latest posts