AA x Piedmontese

Help Support CattleToday:

welshmatt88

Reaction score
Hey everyone, hows life the other side of the water.Today we purchased a piedmontese to help out our 2 AA bulls in our herd of Aberdeen angus cows, just wondered what you all thought of piedmontese X AA calves, do they keep the confirmation of the Piedmontese , what colour are they likely to be. Has anyone any pictures. Thanks

I've seen a few come through the local sale barn lately. They were pretty nice looking animals. Not as muscular as a purebred Pied, but much, much more muscular than an Angus. They had a very 'smooth' look to them. They were solid black in color, with lighter areas (dark grayish) between the hind legs. Overall, they were darn good looking animals.

I remember when you asked for advice in this matter, I did not bother to answer back then because advice tipped already towards pieds. However, I congratulate thee; for better bulls are not at hand!
I started my beef operation last year and got one blonde daquitaine and one limo. There is only bad opinion about double muscling in sweden and belgian blue is considered abnormal and a monster. Now I think the only monster is the man who feeds his adult belgian bull two buckets of feed every day to make him ready for some stupid show. If the bull are in working clothes, he should be far ligthter and in fact not abnormal at all. But not many people here thinks like me, and so even piedmontese are "banned".
I am now buying a clandestine pied bull, I think this will work fine as they look allright and are no monster bulls if fed correctly.
And now I can go on making my gold brindle; easy fleshing, easy calving and good milking composite breed.
But enough of me and mine; I congratulate you to your wise choice

Latest posts