A little perspective.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Rustler9

Reaction score
Your alarm goes off, you hit the snooze and sleep for another 10 minutes.
He stays up for days on end.
-- --
You take a warm shower to help you wake up.
He goes days or weeks without running water.
-- --
You complain of a "headache", and call in sick.
He gets shot at, as others are hit, and keeps moving forward.
-- --
You put on your anti war/don't support the troops shirt, and go meet
up
with your friends.
He still fights for your right to wear that shirt.
-- --
You make sure you're cell phone is in your pocket.
He clutches the cross hanging on his chain next to his dog tags.
-- --
You talk trash on your "buddies" that aren't with you.
He knows he may not see some of his buddies again.
-- --
You walk down the beach, staring at all the pretty girls.
He walks the streets, searching for insurgents and terrorists.
-- --
You complain about how hot it is.
He wears his heavy gear, not daring to take off his helmet to wipe his
brow.
-- --
You go out to lunch, and complain because the restaurant got your
order
wrong.
He does not get to eat today.
-- --
Your maid makes your bed and washes your clothes.
He wears the same things for months, but makes sure his weapons are
clean.
-- --
You go to the mall and get your hair redone.
He doesn't have time to brush his teeth today.
-- --
You are angry because your class ran 5 minutes over.
He is told he will be held an extra 2 months.
----
You call your girlfriend and set a date for that night.
He waits for the mail to see if there is a letter from home.
-- --
You hug and kiss your girlfriend, like you do everyday.
He holds his letter close and smells his love's perfume.
-- --
You roll your eyes as a baby cries.
He gets a letter with pictures of his new child, and wonders if
they'll
ever meet.
-- --
You criticize your government, and say that war never solves anything.
He sees the innocent tortured and killed by their own government and
remembers why he is fighting.
-- --
You hear the jokes about the war, and make fun of the men like him.
He hears the gun fire and bombs.
-- --
You see only what the media wants you to see.
He sees the bodies lying around him.
-- --
You are asked to go to the store by your parents. You don't.
He does what he is told.
-- --
You stay at home and watch TV.
He takes whatever time he is given to call and write home, sleep, and
eat.
-- --
You crawl into your bed, with down pillows, and try to get
comfortable.
He crawls under a tank for shade and a 5 minute nap, only to be woken
by
gun fire.
-- --
You sit there and judge him, saying the world is a worse place because
of
men like him. If only there were more men like him.

So many people are anti war and all they would have to see is how people live over there and they'd realize what were fighting for. Very nice post

very good post,

You go to the mall and get your hair redone.
He doesn't have time to brush his teeth today.

When I first joined, we had a room full of about 300 or so men, and the commanding officer "teaching" us how to brush our teeth...took at least 45 minutes for him to teach us...I reckon they didn't think the country folks knew how to brush their teeth :roll:

Well said. Read that one with tears on my face. My sone is leaving this Sunday for USMC bootcamp. Please keep him and all our troops in your prayers.

cajun critter":1d7cbzj8 said:
Well said. Read that one with tears on my face. My sone is leaving this Sunday for USMC bootcamp. Please keep him and all our troops in your prayers.

Excellent post, Rustler9!!!!!!

Cajun critter---will, indeed, keep your youngman inmy prayers!!! Right along side each and every young person overseas!!! May they come home to those who love and miss them!!!

Showkid wrote
So many people are anti war and all they would have to see is how people live over there and they'd realize what were fighting for

I am curious what you mean by "how people live over there"?

BTW, just to be clear and honest here, in case you can't tell, I am one of millions of folks that are anti-war, for the most part. Especially the one we perpetrated/are perpetrating in Iraq.

Oh and one more thing: anti-war does NOT = anti-troop. So please just answer my question, if you will. Thankyou.

Here's my boy. He was a little p.o'ed about 9-11. Gonna do something about it.
where_s_the_plane.jpg

Hippie Rancher":1bhw1991 said:
Showkid wrote
So many people are anti war and all they would have to see is how people live over there and they'd realize what were fighting for

I am curious what you mean by "how people live over there"?

BTW, just to be clear and honest here, in case you can't tell, I am one of millions of folks that are anti-war, for the most part. Especially the one we perpetrated/are perpetrating in Iraq.

Oh and one more thing: anti-war does NOT = anti-troop. So please just answer my question, if you will. Thankyou.
I would take it to mean ,under a dictators heal,but then I'm just a country boy.

Nobody WANTS war, but all too often itnis the only solution, especially when you consider how many dictators wage war on their own people so as to cling on to power once their popularity has worn off. I have lived under a dictator and witnessed the massacre of an ethnic group in the '80s and our people forced out recently through violence.
When there are no medicines in a country due to the lack of foriegn currency, yet millions are spent on military and riot equipment to counter any possible anti government protest while arresting people who are in groups larger than 6 adults (including family members) for holding illegal meetings,then subjecting them to severe (often fatal) beatings while in custody. Just a few examples of legitimate reasons to overthrow dictatorial governments by force, especially where internal resistance is impossible!

Other than ending slavery, nazism, and communism war has never accomplished anything. It's one of the ugliest dirtiest things possible but sometimes needed, unfortunately.

Hippie Rancher":33kn2o4t said:

Many times anti-war can be anti-troops. When we divide and protest it strengthens the enemy. Which results in many of our boys getting killed that should not be.

Rather we agree on the reason for the war or not. The fact is that we are now at war. At this moment the people that the soldiers are fighting are are enemies. Every time a soldier dies it was an enemy that killed them.

So as Americans all of our energy, thoughts, Prayers, and conversations should be on them defeating the enemy. Not on still talking about rather we should be fighting them. That conversation is done pass and gone. Now if we hang up on that then we are not supporting the Troops.

I say quit talking about how much we oppose the war and talk more about how we support the troops and support their effort to kill the enemy.

Rather Iraq was our enemy or not is irrelevant because whoever is over there killing our boys now sure in the heck is our enemy. And I support the current war with these people. The saddam war is over, we beat him and seized his country. Now the war is with Terrorist, that is who we are currently fighting over there not Saddam and his army.

I kind of look at this war as two different wars. First we had the war with Iraq, we won that in a few days.

Now we are fighting a war with the Terrorist (al-qaeda etc...) Rather the war against Iraq was correct or not. In the end we are now fighting a war with the correct people.

aplusmnt, I vehemently disagree. If the people don't speak out against bad decisions whether they "have already been made" or not we have EXACTLY what many of you seem to believe we are fighting against.

That conversation is VERY relevant and needs MORE discussion not less. "Shut up or you are the enemy" is a much more dangerous place to go than open debate by the citizens about decisions made by our so-called leaders and representatives.

Still waiting for Showkid to explain "how people live over there."

Latest posts