A I

Help Support CattleToday:

simcross

Reaction score
I AI'd cows for the first time last year got some calves but the rest of the cows were breed by the bull but late . I did the fixed time AI did I do something wrong to screw up the cows cycle

How many cows did you set up? Sometimes it is hard for a bull to breed a large amount of cows in a day or 2.
It will be easier to help or give suggestions if we would get that number as well as how old the bull is.

How many cows are we talking about and how many AI calves did you get and how much later were the bull bred calves?
You can't really screw up a cows cycle to make her not concieve when she's in heat with the regular doses of the standard drugs given for ovsynch. If anything you'd speed them up as it will induce some cows that are just starting to think about it.
I'd be more likely to think that you have an issue with getting cows cycling and in good shape for breeding post calving.

Sorry I am late to answer, 38 cows total broke them up into three gtoups to breed only about 6-7 calved AI calves most cows calving in June instead of April and May. Cows were in good shape to breed. Bull had checked out ok thanks for repling

Approved synch protocols will not "screw up" a cows cycle. Not sure where you are located but your bulls semen fertility can be affected dramatically by summer heat. April and May calvings would be the result of July and August breedings.
There is a weak link somewhere or you would have at least 50% AI calves from the timed breeding. I feel I have to agree with the pollinator that it sure appears the issue is with the cows . If the AI "program" was at fault most likely you would have a very high percentage of calves born within 3-6 weeks of the timed AI .

Latest posts