A.I. Angus Bulls of 06

Help Support CattleToday:

BA

Reaction score
What bulls are you A.I.ing to this year? It is interesting to see the different choices of different operations.

I'm using - GDAR Traveler 011, GDAR Traveler 044, CSU Ram Nation 5108.

I have been looking at that OCC Legend bull, anybody know anything about him?

I also will try LA4's Hoff bull.

I got two good calves last year out of TC freedom.

We got 7 Northern Improvements last year out of our replacement heifers, probably won't do that again.

I will breed some heifers to Rito 6I6, Love that bull!

We got two Boyd New Day heifers, like them pretty well.

DB Saint Nick from Les Craft is a performer. I have a two year old son of him that I like a lot. Would use him again.

Got some of that SAF Directive and bred two cows to him that took, looking forward to those calves. :)

TC Foreman, New Level, 036, 602C, maybe EXT in a heifer that we'll sell this fall, if not we'll use Strategy on her.

I may also use 602C, I've seen some pretty nice calves by Legend. Nice looking bull!

BA":2z2ndot4 said:
I may also use 602C, I've seen some pretty nice calves by Legend. Nice looking bull!

He is a very good looking bull and Ohlde cattle have a good reputation. How did the calves look? Thick?

Genetics by Design 049, Conneally Lead On, Conneally Onward, HSAF Bando 1961, BT Equator 395M.

We've got one legend calf on the ground and a few more to come. This first one is a nice calf to this point. I've got a few more sticks of him in there so he'll probably be put in some cows this summer instead of heifers. Also thinking about using Wk Dateline 7270 again, really impressed with his calves for commercial use. Couple other bulls I'm slightly interested in but I doubt I'll use them at all.

Frankie, have you used Strategy before?

Have you ever seen the bull?
If you haven't take a puke pail when you go to see him.

BRG, how much of Traveler 011 have you used? I have seen a few and bought the remaining inventory for Canada.

Mick Denowh always thought a lot of the bull. They are moderate but carry few flaws with him.

Remind me to send you a PM and I have a few other bulls that might be up your alley and would be an outcross cattle.

The Legend calves I saw have been very moderate, with a good top and depth. They look like they would be excellent females.

SEC, Did you mean BA instead of BRG? I have a couple calves on the ground by 011 and they look good to this point. Our heifers were bred to him, Traveler 23-4 and our clean up bull QLC Structure N096R. He seems to be hanging with the Structure calves to this point. I used him to get the 6807 influence and he looks real deep and moderate. I'm hoping to get quite a few heifers from him, as I think they should make good lower input cows.

I think he did mean you. If he didn't, I haven't used any black angus genetics before. :oops:

SEC":17jzmwp8 said:
Frankie, have you used Strategy before?

Have you ever seen the bull?
If you haven't take a puke pail when you go to see him.

Speaking of Strategy, can anyone tell me something about what he throws? Good? Bad? Pukey???

T

I had a few calves by Strategy a few years ago. They were easy enough calving and grew decent, but they tended to be kind of frail in type and were deffinately more narrow made than I prefer. One daughter is in the herd and she has an excellent udder, but is a little fine boned, but not a bad cow.

BA":3lp1pdnm said:
I had a few calves by Strategy a few years ago. They were easy enough calving and grew decent, but they tended to be kind of frail in type and were deffinately more narrow made than I prefer. One daughter is in the herd and she has an excellent udder, but is a little fine boned, but not a bad cow.
Would you use him again?

No I wouldn't use him again, but I'm not saying he was terrible, just not what I'm looking for.

la4angus":2512apc9 said:
hey, la4angus...do you have a picture of First Edition? I'd love to see one if you don't mind sharing.
Maybe a little more than you asked for. The first pic is of him as a 2 yr old.. The next pic is of a son of his that was Angus Intermediate Champion and Intermediate Reserve Champion at The All American Futurity and NAILE respectively.

HoffFirstEdition058242.jpg

A son of his that was Angus Intermediate Champion and Intermediate Reserve Champion at The All American Futurity and NAILE respectively.
NAILE2005ResIntermediateChBull.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Great looking bull.

You guys should get ahold of Ken at Angus Semen Service and see if you can get him an updated picture for his website. The one he has isn't bad but it doesn't compare to this one.

Latest posts