A great biscuit....

Help Support CattleToday:

pdfangus

Reaction score
I just had a great biscuit.....

I have long held that Bojangles made the best commercially available breakfast bicuit.....sadly there is not a Bojangles located convienent to my realm of morning travel....there is one ten miles south of the office but a twenty mile detour is too much for morning breakfast.......Especially when the second best morning biscuit is Hardees and there is one right on my way to work.....

I will usually allow myself to partake of this luxury one day a week and fend for myself at home the other days....

But dear Marie is a firm subscriber that the way to a mans heart is thru is stomach and she know what I like and so she clipped a bunch of Hardees coupons and put them at my place on the kitchen table....

So both yesterday and today I have had Hardees biscuits for Breakfast....yesterday it was my long time favorite Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit....I have also been know to consume a random sausage and egg biscuit, hilshire farms sausage biscuit, country ham biscuit....well the list goes on.....

this morning I had a coupon for a Ribeye steak egg and cheese biscuit buy one get one free....my first.......BY GOLLY....THEY WERE GOOD.....may even equal the bacon egg and cheese as a go to bisucit meal....only time will tell....

I get sausage biscuits at McDonalds sometimes and they're pretty good. Hardees is better but there's not one here.

There are two McDonalds and a Burger King in the Town of Ashland as well but the Hardees would have to burn down before I would frequent them for a morning biscuit....

now for burgers the burger king and wendys are my favorites with hardees a close third.
Marie clips Wendys coupons for me as well....

My trail riding buddy just called me...he had been to hardees and gotten biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast (which is delighful as well) and was eating it when he opened e-mail on smart phone and had message from me about the biscuit....fussed at me because now he had to go back and buy a biscuit.....

Chances are very few if any of the biscuits you fellas are eating at these chains are scratch made. More likely baked on the premisis or frozen and fully baked when they arrive at their back door.
Don't misunderstand me that doesn't mean that they are not great in fact over the last 15 years most premade is better than scratch and far more consistant!

Mary B's jumbo frozen biscuits are as close to hardees biscuits as you can get. you should try them when your coupons run out.

hardees makes a great biscuit, most here are made by grandmaws....customer of ours half owner in one, had a ol black lady that made his, and he had to keep her happy, cause she made a he$# of a biscuit.... :cowboy:

I still gotta admit, other than a regular homemade biscuit, I love them flaky thump biscuits.

Both Hardees and McDonalds here are scratch made. I have been working in the kitchen at both of them when they are making them, but that might be a reginal thing.

Limomike":27wb8dlc said:
I still gotta admit, other than a regular homemade biscuit, I love them flaky thump biscuits.

thump or wompum( is what my grand mother called them) biscuits. LOL

I have twins 8, and a 5 year old. On certain days I would let them go with me instead of the sitter. When the big two had started school, it was down to just me and the little one. We ALWAYS stopped at Hardee's on sale day. She has started kindergarten now. I love all my children the same, but I really relished that last year with just me and her loading calves, driving to the yard, guessing there weights etc, and stopping at Hardee's. It still kinda sad on sale day when I leave the yard all alone, and drive on home by myself. My babies aren't babies any more.

Bigfoot":3p05py4i said:
I have twins 8, and a 5 year old. On certain days I would let them go with me instead of the sitter. When the big two had started school, it was down to just me and the little one. We ALWAYS stopped at Hardee's on sale day. She has started kindergarten now. I love all my children the same, but I really relished that last year with just me and her loading calves, driving to the yard, guessing there weights etc, and stopping at Hardee's. It still kinda sad on sale day when I leave the yard all alone, and drive on home by myself. My babies aren't babies any more.
dont do like me... i got a 25 year son, and a 9 year old...and a daughter 19... id love to have more kids.. trouble is ,finding a women that can afford em
:cowboy:

I eat on the road way too much. I always try to be around a Hardees whenever it is breakfast time---might be 6am or 10am, but find a Hardees. They used to have an incredible ultimate omelette biscuit but then they stopped serving it. They now have it again, but it is a different recipe and I don't care for it, so much. Biscuits and gravy are great, also. Popeye's has great biscuits, but they have a lousy breakfast. Bojangle's are also outstanding, but I am not around them very much since the ones in our area closed down. No biscuits around here, this morning. So, I had scrambled eggs and ham, corn tortillas, refried beans, and fresh squeezed orange juice.

Must be a regional thing, never heard of Bojangle's (except the song!!!)
Anyway, my husband LOVED sausage gravy & biscuits. We have a housefull of my relatives from R.I. come during Thanksgiving week - for the holiday & deer hunting (wall to wall bodies, air mattresses, food & hunting gear!!) Anyway, the first year this tradition started, I fixed biscuits & gravy (good meal for a dozen people!). They had NEVER had it before :shock: were a little skeptical until they tried it. Now, there is no way I could get by with not feeding it to them! New family tradition!

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3c0gmay8 said:
Must be a regional thing, never heard of Bojangle's (except the song!!!)
Anyway, my husband LOVED sausage gravy & biscuits. We have a housefull of my relatives from R.I. come during Thanksgiving week - for the holiday & deer hunting (wall to wall bodies, air mattresses, food & hunting gear!!) Anyway, the first year this tradition started, I fixed biscuits & gravy (good meal for a dozen people!). They had NEVER had it before :shock: were a little skeptical until they tried it. Now, there is no way I could get by with not feeding it to them! New family tradition!

jeanne, i was raised on milk gravy and tomato gravy. I never had sausage gravy until i was grown. We have Milk/sausage gravy and tomato gravy at least one night for supper every 2 weeks. with cat head biscuits.

Homemade-Biscuits-Recipezaar_3-253424.730x410.jpg

Or two of em.. now wheres the sausage gravy?

Latest posts