A good hot dog

Help Support CattleToday:

alabama":3aee0k8w said:
Had lunch at this place today
http://www.chrishotdogs.com/index.html
If you ever find yourself in Montgomery Alabama for lunch try it. It might kill you and you may or may not get what you ordered or you might get part now and part later but it is all good.

Next time I'm hungry in Montgomery I'll give 'em a try. The price seems right, too.

yes the chili is very thin and it has a slight kick to it. I had two dogs all the way with onion rings and unsweet ice tee. I should have only gotton one dog but I ate both.

The very best hotdog I ever had, was in a old tavern in my hometown. Steamed in beer and served with whatever ya wanted on it. Mustard, onion, and banana peppers is the way to go. Dang, hungry now!!! :shock:

Those look good! I love a good hotdog. Best I ever had was in Cordele Ga in a section of town where most people were tall. ;-) I'd slip in there at lunch and get the works. Had to eat it with a fork though.

Jogeephus":l4288vcp said:
Those look good! I love a good hotdog. Best I ever had was in Cordele Ga in a section of town where most people were tall. ;-) I'd slip in there at lunch and get the works. Had to eat it with a fork though.

Call and order you some of that sause and make it at home.

alabama":337t5vo4 said:
yes the chili is very thin and it has a slight kick to it. I had two dogs all the way with onion rings and unsweet ice tee. I should have only gotton one dog but I ate both.

'Bama -
WARNING ! DANGER ! DO NOT GO BACK TO THAT RESTAURANT!
Any restaurant south of the Mason Dixon line that serves UNSWEETENED iced tea, must be run by some sort of unsavory organization! I strongly suggest that you monitor these people very closely for suspicious activity!

Bullbuyer":2euvigd4 said:
alabama":2euvigd4 said:

'Bama -
WARNING ! DANGER ! DO NOT GO BACK TO THAT RESTAURANT!
Any restaurant south of the Mason Dixon line that serves UNSWEETENED iced tea, must be run by some sort of unsavory organization! I strongly suggest that you monitor these people very closely for suspicious activity!

I only drink unsweet. and I am a south Alabama red neck and have lived all my life in the deep south well except for the time I was in the navy and sailed around the world.
I drink about 6 qt of unsweet tea just about every day. I had a pitcher full at Chris' yesterday and a cup to go.

No kidding? All of it I've ever tried was too bitter for me. I like that new green tea they've been talking about so much. Supposed to be better for you than regular.
Doctor told me years ago to quit so much of it because of kidney stones (I had 5 in 3 years.) I slacked off but probably still go through 1/2 gallon per day.

Bullbuyer":2c5uv899 said:
No kidding? All of it I've ever tried was too bitter for me. I like that new green tea they've been talking about so much. Supposed to be better for you than regular.
Doctor told me years ago to quit so much of it because of kidney stones (I had 5 in 3 years.) I slacked off but probably still go through 1/2 gallon per day.
ive never heard that tea causes kidney stones.but like you i had 3 or 4 bouts with stones in 5yrs.the dr told me to lay off caffine an carbonated water all togather.so now all i drink is gatorade.sorry to get off the subject here.

The Lipton Green tea with citrus is pretty decent they have a few other flavors as well, I've also tried the Arizona Ice Tea green tea and I'd rather drink from a ditch than try that again, but nothing really beats a good glass of sweet tea though. :)

alabama":3o04fxxg said:
Green tea?? humm I have never tried it but I might. Who makes it?

I've been buying the tea bags at Kroger and brewing my own - I suspect that any large retailer in your area would have it. Mine always seems a little cloudy but it doesn't impact the taste at all.

On the kidney stone issue - doc told me caffeine, dairy and spinach could all be big contributors. Of course, this varies with the type of stone that your body is making - mine are calcium oxylate (sp).

I will get me some of them Lipton Green tea bags and make me a pitcher full.
What is with the green? No caffeine???

alabama":29ufyfyn said:
I will get me some of them Lipton Green tea bags and make me a pitcher full.
What is with the green? No caffeine???

It's just the type of tea leaf, supposed to be better for you antioxidants and all that sort of thing.

Let's forget the tea and hotdogs and talk about the good stuff. HOME-MADE BREADED TENDERLOINS. The kind that need 5 buns to cover them, but you only get one. Thick enough so that you know you're getting meat with the breading. And always cold before you get them ate.

Best hotdogs in the world, bar none, are Vienna beef hotdogs in Chicago. Steamed sessame seed buns, Vienna beef brand dog, mustard, onion, relish, tomato, pickle and hot sport peppers. Served with a side of greasy fries..........this will be served at meal times in heaven :D

I like the Varisty's hot dogs in Atlanta.

I love hot dogs.

Latest posts