A few pics.

Help Support CattleToday:

bward

Reaction score
A steer with a little chrome. His Ugly Gert Dad is laying down behind him.
DSC03526.jpg

A good steer.
DSC03525.jpg

One of 2 bull calves I am keeping for my own use. That cow is not his mother but she was coming in heat and he was following.... good boy.
DSC03520.jpg

My favorite yearling heifer.
DSC03528.jpg

This is a Simmental bull I bought to cover some of my high percentage Gert Girls. He is the first Non Gert bull we have had in over 25 years. He has +8 calving ease so I am hoping for an ok calving season next spring. or I may be writing some calving disaster stories......
DSC03512.jpg

I really like the little dark bull! The steers have posty legs if you ask me, but over all they are a positive crowd, meaty and glossy!

JW, YR King Ranch/ YR Red Camille The day we bought him was the day of a nasty winter storm. It was a Transcon sale, so we placed a telephone order for a dollar amount with the choice of 4 bulls and we ended up with this guy, our third choice. He has a bit of a wide head, but then everything about him is wide.

Not too bad. We've been selling them for 25 years and have a reputation ( a good one I hope) Here are some pics of them as weanlings. From there we background them until February or March on a silage and pellet diet, and then sell them between 700 and 950 pounds. Although the majority of them sell in the top range because of their growth, health, and muscling, we do always have a few narrow runts that take a big hit. They are generally ones I am not too proud of anyway.
DSC03363.jpg

DSC03360.jpg

DSC03364.jpg

thats a nice thick set of calves.we all have calves we arnt proud of.an those that take a hit for 1 reason or another.