A few cow pics

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Some pictures I got today while checking cows. These are the 4 purchased breds from 3 months or so ago. They're holding up well on grass and mineral alone. Especially considering how dry it was up until the first of August for us. Should be calving in the next 2 months 

photo-122.jpg

photo-123.jpg

photo-124.jpg

photo-125.jpg

Hook, they look like money makers to me. Is the brockle faced one a little wild eyed or just the pic?

She was getting ready to pee. They're all laid back, easy to handle and not one has ever shown me any high headed tendencies

houstoncutter":1tphynpk said:
Look good Hook, are those senepol crosses
Could be. I'm still learning about different breed characteristics. I just thought they were 2 brafords and 2 reds.

I like em too but this is a situation where giving them some feed is a good thing. If the hay isn't better quality than your grass, then you will have to feed them through the winter.

Massey135":1yef25fg said:
I like em too but this is a situation where giving them some feed is a good thing. If the hay isn't better quality than your grass, then you will have to feed them through the winter.
They don't need a dam thing. They are headed into winter in good condition.

Cows around here actually Lose condition during the summer and start putting it back on in the fall into winter.

With the exception of the cow in the 3rd pic, the others are maybe a bcs 4. The 12th and 13th ribs are clearly visible and the foreribs are even showing on the cow to the left in the first pic.

Same around here Hook. My cows will gain weight from Oct 1 through Thanksgiving, if it'll rain. I have some bcs 4 cows right now too, but undoubtedly if I didn't feed in the winter, they'd come out looking even worse.