A decent pair of leather gloves

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":3056fnfl said:
ga.prime":3056fnfl said:
Never wore out a pair because I've never had a pair I could get my hands in without tremendous stretching and straining so I just hardly ever put them on.

I buy the extra large gloves from tractor supply and have that issue too

Exactly. Why is XL the biggest size they have? I'd go for some XXXLs if they had such a thing.

ga.prime":2de1c2vw said:
Those XXL's might work. They'd be better than the XLs anyway.

Good point... Wearing gloves that are too small make my hands tire out faster between trying to do work and fighting the glove

skyhightree1":1hbwq39l said:
ga.prime":1hbwq39l said:

Good point... Wearing gloves that are too small make my hands tire out faster between trying to do work and fighting the glove
And too big is just as bad.

dun":sbp38p2l said:
skyhightree1":sbp38p2l said:
ga.prime":sbp38p2l said:

And too big is just as bad.

I can't speak on that issue :lol:

I got some kevlar lined ones from our seed dealer and they seemed to do pretty good. Dont think they are cheap though.

Don't know for sure, but his looks like one of the less expensive pair. He buys and sells used farm equipment and does work around his dad's farm. I'll have to ask some questions.

The best I ever had were horsehide. They were hard enough that barbs would not catch in them, but flexible enough I could wear them for just about everything else. Unfortunately you can't get horsehide any more. My problem with gloves is that to fit my hand the fingers are too long on my index and thumb. I have had a boot repair shop cut some down and sew them back up up its an extra expense and trouble.
The other problem I have is that the right hand one keeps walking off. I have a bunch of left hand gloves that don't match anything I still have. It's kind of like socks.

Judge Sharpe":3kw5gh78 said:
The best I ever had were horsehide. They were hard enough that barbs would not catch in them, but flexible enough I could wear them for just about everything else. Unfortunately you can't get horsehide any more. .
I don't know anything about them, but you can still find horsehide gloves. Here's a pair on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Superior-Horsehid ... ide+gloves

I only wear leather gloves when I am working with barb wire and I really try to avoid doing that as much as possible. For all other chores I wear those blue rubber coated Atlas gloves. They seem to wear pretty good. I will go through 3 or 4 pairs over the course of a winter which is cheaper than one good pair of leather gloves. They make some that are thermal lined (different color) that I wear if it gets colder out.

Latest posts