A Day of Ice

Help Support CattleToday:

MudHog

Reaction score
whelp, our winter just turned into a very odd one. Didn't get any snow, but we got sleet and ice all day today. Never rose above freezing either and forecast is showing the possibility of more Tuesday next week. Anybody else down south see any of this weird stuff? Forecast shows more possibly Tuesday next week.

A0312B1C-74F0-42E4-8A38-13DAE4BB5C2C_zpsx2tewdgm.jpg

3493C57D-14BA-4DD8-B4BE-6CEA2810A92F_zpskoatpgys.jpg

0ED8680B-D331-48B8-84B4-E87EEF05F01B_zpsvefapwyu.jpg

I just heard on the news that there are 2 pileups on I-10. One on the Miss - Lou line on the Pearl River bridge 27 vehicles. Didn't catch which bridge the other was on but it had 16 vehicles involved. Black ice is the cause. This is almost unheard of down here.

The entire Atachafalya Basin bridge is closed on I-10. I think there was upwards of 100 accidents total today from the weather.

We had some snow. Enough you could see it. Interstate closure because of ice on overpasses.
Hard to believe it has been below freezing all day. This just ain't right for Louisiana.
Supposed to be above freezing tomorrow.
I am way ready for spring.

We had a little sleet Thursday but it melted. Talked with a friend in San Antonio and he said they even got some snow and cold as he//. Cold now but suppose to be upper 60's this PM and a bit above 70 tomorrow... then cold again next week.

60s next three days here too. Forecast changed to no wintry mix next week for us as of this morning.

Ryder":cdisffzr said:
john250":cdisffzr said:
Please forgive me if I don't sympathize one dang bit with this.
That's minor league cold.
:mrgreen:
I knew that was coming. But we are used to more civilized conditions. :nod:

I'll sympathize when a hurricane comes in. We don't get much of that. Hey, it got above freezing here today. Bikini season. :nod:

Latest posts