A couple of pics from yesterday afternoon

Help Support CattleToday:

WichitaLineMan

Reaction score
Heifers born in March and April.

4999666934_bc7738f138_z.jpg

This pic is not as good as I couldn't ever get her to stand on level ground. But posting it since George had commented favorably on her as a calf (she is pictured as a young calf on here somewhere).
4999057589_e11170cd4a_z.jpg

Grass looks good but that is the green up from the hurricane. Was pretty toasty before that! Thank goodness for the rain. I think I can wait another six or eight weeks before weaning now.

both nice females - but the first one looks like a dandy... lots of growth to them it looks. you should crop in on them just a little more so we can see her better.

are you leaving the racks on them?

You internet gurus have all the advantages over me. I have no clue how to crop or otherwise alter photos. I should probably learn.

The red cow is a commercial cow that I assume is at least 1/2 gert. She will probably have a real nice calf next spring from my Herd bull.

That second heifer is really nicer than the photo makes her out to be. I would place the 1st heifer a tic above her but not much. The problem with the second heifer is she wants to run off. I think I can gentle her during the weaning process. If not she will have to go to town.

I have considered keeping the horns on cows, but have always had them dehorned at around 7-8 months after they are weaned good, probably have the vet do it when we get em bangs vaccinated.