A calf name or two please?

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian Cattleman

Reaction score
Tenterfield,New England Region NSW,Australia
Have some new calves and need some name suggestions.
Pure South Devon starting with "A" (heifers and bulls)
Brahman starting with "D".
Bit stumped (an Australian word) for names. Been through the alphabet with my Brahmans so have used "D" names before.

Hope any one can help.
Thanks
Colin

Ace / Acid Test / Approval / Allied / Alliance / Accolade / Acclaim / Achiever / Administrator / Admiral / Admirable / Adonis

Just a few.

Now for the D's

Dapper / Dominator / Divine / Dividend / Dignifier / Detonator / Deputy / Dollar / Dynamite / Dynamic

Wife rattled these off to me - so there ya' go.

Bez

We let our grand kids name them, usually as soon as they hit the straw...just tell them what letter to start with...except #47
he's "number fortyseven". Of course there's Baldy Barbie and Red Barbie and so on....the hyphonated names come later.
No help...I know, just feeling a little chatty.

There are a couple of good "baby name" web sites available.. I've resorted to those a time or two! Of course, my best name to date was for a Brahman bull... "Bolivar Shag Nasty". I'll bet ABBA got a laugh on that one! Especially since Brahman breeders generally use numbers only.. how boring is THAT?

I just generally go with the ear tag number. When the kids were younger I think it helped them not getting to attached to the little dollar bill makers.

http://www.babynames.com
names are alphabetized, their origin, and meaning. I have my 4 "S" steer and 4 "S" heifer names picked out for my purebreds for next year, then I just add the Dam or Sire's name for their middle name.
Girl Names
Shiny
Starr
Sugar
Shadi

Boy Names
Sargent
Scout
Stash
Sergio

dont know either breed very well what kind of personalaity do they have?? I named my herford angus cross TANK because he lived through a lot in his first four says

Some "A"s for you:
Abba, Ace, Adam, Ajax, Alena, Alvin, Angel, Anvil, Apollo, Arapaho, Ariel, Arrow, Artemis, Ava, Ayers

And some "D"s:
Daniel, Danielle, Darkness, David, Dawn, Daybreak, Demon, Devil, Dipstick, Dilbert, Ditto, Dog, Dove, Dover, Driven, Dudley

Hope that helps a bit. :)

D names-

Dominique, Della, Dandy, Dee, dean, Derek, Darrell< and my other cow Darrell, denise,Dapper Dan, Dolly, Dawn, Damn cow, Deliendeitus, Darlin', Dunebug, Dominatress, Dominator, Dylan, Doodlebug,

A-
Anthrax, Alyssa, asthma, Abel, Abe, Andy, Argyle, Alice, Alena, Amber, Anthony, Ar2d2, Ambrosia, Angry Al, Amber waves, Abracadabra, Aesop, aloicious, Athena,

Ok this is from a family that named a rooster 'Rick's brother'.
If our cow has a bull calf, my daughter wants to name it Emphysema, so we won't get too attached to it.
That's what we came up with in 2 minutes.

:)
Susie
Have fun!

Australian Cattleman said:
Have some new calves and need some name suggestions.
Pure South Devon starting with "A" (heifers and bulls)
Brahman starting with "D".
Bit stumped (an Australian word) for names. Been through the alphabet with my Brahmans so have used "D" names before.

Hope any one can help.
Thanks
Chhholin[/AIDEEN DELTA DARNELL ANWEN

Latest posts