A bad day

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Not wanting to steal Txwalt's bad day thread,but on the way back from the north place I was bringing a bale of hay back. I decieded to for some unknown reason to take the back way instead of down hwy59. I was going about 40 and heard a loud bang and looked in my mirror to see hay buggy and bail of hay rolling down the ditch line. What a mess. Luckly no fence and no truck tore up. But the hay buggy looked like he11. But believe it or not after about 2 hrs and a lot of neighbors help I was able to get the bale and buggy chained to my truck and limp on home with it.I sure am glad that for that unknown reason I took the back way. I can imagine loosing it out on the hwy and a new mercedes or some other high dollar car hitting it head on,or worse someone getting engered. I will put saftey chaines on it when I repair it. Im strict about saftey chains on my trailers,don't know why I wasent with the hay buggy. Anyway it wasent a very good day but sure could have been worse.

Cal

Sorry to hear about that. But you are right, it might have been much worse.

Glad nothing was harmed too bad. I'm convinced that no matter how you slice it, moving hay will ruin a day. I think it is just the nature of it.

Glad you're okay.

I guess I'm a glass half full kinda guy, because I always find it interesting when something like this happens and it just so happens to be on the one odd day when you take the back way between places. You weren't on the main road in everyone's way or having to dodge traffic to get you're problem taken care of.

Lucky for you when you had bad luck.

My hay hauler told me a story. Kinda funny now, and he laughed as he told me. A few years back, he was younger and in more of a hurry. With a heavy load of 1500 pound big rounds hauling out of North Dakota, pulled into the weigh station on I 94 just into Minnesota. :shock: :help: lost 4 bales right there in front all the boys. He said, they almost fought over who could write the citation. And it was a big one. :cry2: He REALLY straps those bales down now. :nod:

mnmtranching":2mazk9iw said:
My hay hauler told me a story. Kinda funny now, and he laughed as he told me. A few years back, he was younger and in more of a hurry. With a heavy load of 1500 pound big rounds hauling out of North Dakota, pulled into the weigh station on I 94 just into Minnesota. :shock: :help: lost 4 bales right there in front all the boys. He said, they almost fought over who could write the citation. And it was a big one. :cry2: He REALLY straps those bales down now. :nod:
He must of been over weight. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My cousin spent all day busting up concrete and putting it on a flatbed to haul to some ditch somewhere. Well, he uses his F150 to haul what is now a huge trailer-full of concrete. Goes down a hill where there is a stoplight at the bottom of the hill and the load just keeps pushing him right through that red light.... I think he had to clean his drawers after that!!!

Wisteria Farms":c29ivbog said:
My cousin spent all day busting up concrete and putting it on a flatbed to haul to some ditch somewhere. Well, he uses his F150 to haul what is now a huge trailer-full of concrete. Goes down a hill where there is a stoplight at the bottom of the hill and the load just keeps pushing him right through that red light.... I think he had to clean his drawers after that!!!

You can only push those F150 so far, I know before we upgraded to a F250 we sure pushed ours over the limit sometimes, still a good truck though!
GMN

Latest posts