94 Ford F-350 turbo diesel ?

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
I have seen some discussions on here about a chip to help diesels get better mpg. Is there any chip that fits a 94 f-350 turbo diesel? Thanks

If it's a Powerstroke, yes. If it's a mechanical engine, no. In the latter case all you need is an allen wrench and egt guage.

cfpinz

The 94 Turbo is a PowerStoke and yes a chip (box) is available for it. You have to insert it in series from the engine compartment side of the firewall neat the steering column. If memory serves me right you can remove the inner fender well liner and get to it easier.

The 7.3L doesn't respond to the chip as much as the 6L does. I guess there is more to work with on the 6L but you will see the difference for sure.

Check some of the Ford Diesel boards. Some of the folks that moved to the 6L from the 7.3 removed the chips from their 7.3 and want to sell them. Make sure you get one for that year. I "think" the 94,95,96 all use the same unit. Check it though.

The 94 Turbo is a PowerStoke and yes a chip (box) is available for it. You have to insert it in series from the engine compartment side of the firewall near the steering column. If memory serves me right you can remove the inner fender well liner and get to it easier.

The 7.3L doesn't respond to the chip as much as the 6L does. I guess there is more to work with on the 6L but you will see the difference for sure.

Check some of the Ford Diesel boards. Some of the folks that moved to the 6L from the 7.3 removed the chips from their 7.3 and want to sell them. Make sure you get one for that year. I "think" the 94,95,96 all use the same unit. Check it though.

I've seen a few early 94's with the non-powerstroke engine, they're out there. Superchips also makes a tuner you can plug into your diagnostic port and turn it up without digging into the computer box. Got one on a 96, not overly impressed with it.

cfpinz

I'm going to look at it, but I don't think it's a Powerstroke. It is in really good condition with only 125K miles. What kind of mpg should I expect.

flaboy?":1s0qp9az said:
cfpinz":1s0qp9az said:
I've seen a few early 94's with the non-powerstroke engine, they're out there.

cfpinz

Not with a Turbo..........

Yep - 1993 and part of 94 Ford had the indirect injected pre-powerstroke 7.3.

During that time, you could order the truck with the turbo or without.

Subsoil":32cdpwwc said:
flaboy?":32cdpwwc said:
cfpinz":32cdpwwc said:

cfpinz

What kind of mpg should I expect?

Subsoil":378ff5f1 said:
flaboy?":378ff5f1 said:
cfpinz":378ff5f1 said:

cfpinz

Interesting. I bought a new 94 F250 Heavy Duty (as they called them then). Only one option for a deisel engine when I bought and that was the 7.3L DI Turbo PowerStroke. What I forgot was it was about mid year when I bought it so it could very well be a non-powerstroke 94. Traded the 6.9 in. :lol:

tncattle":315y73nf said:
Subsoil":315y73nf said:
flaboy?":315y73nf said:
cfpinz":315y73nf said:

cfpinz

What kind of mpg should I expect?

Anywhere from 8 to 20 depending on your foot, the gears, and the weight. :lol:

cfpinz

Latest posts