8 Piece Leg Dinner

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I was in town today and I was surprised to see that even KFC has gotten into the free range, grass/bug fed business. Problem I see is how many people want to chase their lunch down. But for $11.99 who knows, might just catch on.

Was in town today and got a chance to snap this shot. Thought it was kinda funny. Reckon I could get some money from someone like KFC for this one. Or would I be better off donating it to the Cattleman's Association? And if you haven't guessed already, No I don't live in Atlanta. ;-) :lol:

GettingAway.jpg

$11.99 for 8 pieces, isn't that kind of expensive? Their chicken is 99% sodium and 1% protein. :???:

BTW great pic. :D

hillsdown":33rpysdo said:
$11.99 for 8 pieces, isn't that kind of expensive? Their chicken is 99% sodium and 1% protein. :???:

BTW great pic. :D

That's for the meal. 2 sides and biscuits. Still pricey though. But when you consider you get to pick out your own chicken, it might just be worth it. Kinda like going to the gym only completely different. :lol:

Sort of like a McD's in a town close to me. Chickens all over the parking lot every morning. Nothing like small town USA! :)

KFC is going all the way to the bank with that $11.99 "dinner". Legs are the cheapest thing on a chicken (except maybe backs and necks). Often 29 cents a pound or so in grocery store. Two sides: 1/2 cup or cup of vege (perhaps cost 50 to 75 cents) and couple biscuits: maybe 25 to 35 cents max.

Could buy a whole BBQ chicken at grocery store plus couple cans of vegetables & can of "Grands" biscuits for that. Of course, one would have to have a can opener and a stove or microwave...rules out quite a few people...LOL !!

Guess would be couple of dollars of overhead and few minutes of minimum wage labor thrown in...still nice profit...

Some small town has lost its' livestock ordinance. If it ever had one.
In the pristine environment of IN you are as likely to see Wild Turkeys in the parking lot. Or Deer.

Running Arrow Bill":1i7ukg20 said:
KFC is going all the way to the bank with that $11.99 "dinner". Legs are the cheapest thing on a chicken (except maybe backs and necks). Often 29 cents a pound or so in grocery store. Two sides: 1/2 cup or cup of vege (perhaps cost 50 to 75 cents) and couple biscuits: maybe 25 to 35 cents max.

Could buy a whole BBQ chicken at grocery store plus couple cans of vegetables & can of "Grands" biscuits for that. Of course, one would have to have a can opener and a stove or microwave...rules out quite a few people...LOL !!

Guess would be couple of dollars of overhead and few minutes of minimum wage labor thrown in...still nice profit...

I agree it is pretty pricey. Probably the most expensive chicken you can buy here. But I also believe in giving credit where credit is due. While its true the owner of this KFC hires minimum wage employees and probably pockets a tidy profit he has also helped more than a few of his employees by paying for their college educations. He is one of the few people I know who believes that it is not the amount of money you make but how you spread it around that determines one's true worth. Knowing where some of the profit is going to deserving kids makes me not worry so much about the price. (Oh, he doesn't know we know about this. But secrets in a small town are few and far between.)

By the way, this photo will be framed and under his Christmas tree this year. I think he'll get a kick out of it. :lol:

Running Arrow Bill":1pa4v5ui said:

you would also need to know how to operate said appliances. ;-)

I heard KFC was going to start delivery. :D Just self-delivering chicken. :roll:

Jogeephus":3d397thd said:
I was in town today and I was surprised to see that even KFC has gotten into the free range, grass/bug fed business. Problem I see is how many people want to chase their lunch down. But for $11.99 who knows, might just catch on.

Was in town today and got a chance to snap this shot. Thought it was kinda funny. Reckon I could get some money from someone like KFC for this one. Or would I be better off donating it to the Cattleman's Association? And if you haven't guessed already, No I don't live in Atlanta. ;-) :lol:

GettingAway.jpg

My dad and I saw the very same thing once in Granbury. Live chickens outside of the KFC. I swear we saw it!

Latest posts