790 lb hog

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
Some Tarleton State students took a 790 pound hog.

That dude probably wrecked a lot of fence in his life time.

If you google tarleton student 790 hog you can see pictures. I don't know how to link or post pics from an iPad.

boarzilla.jpg

Not to cut down the feat, but the hog was farm raised and used with dogs. When he reached 710lbs the owner let him go. He's still alive and last I saw was in a stock trailer hoping for a buyer. Pretty easy find on google and facebook.

Alan":1awev0c8 said:
Not to cut down the feat, but the hog was farm raised and used with dogs. When he reached 710lbs the owner let him go. He's still alive and last I saw was in a stock trailer hoping for a buyer. Pretty easy find on google and facebook.
Bummer. That big dude needs to be sausage.

branguscowgirl":kbm7qddq said:
I can understand tying their load down. But why are his feet all tied up, he's dead?

They catch many of them alive but I have never seen one caught this big. Make good whole hog sausage I bet.

My friend's big boar is somewhere in the 800's. He's about the height of yours Named'em, but he's a lot longer.. I think he's 7 years old? a very big baby that loves donuts and beer!

Nesikep":3s0xjyrx said:
My friend's big boar is somewhere in the 800's. He's about the height of yours Named'em, but he's a lot longer.. I think he's 7 years old? a very big baby that loves donuts and beer!
Bet he's a real stinker. :yuck:

I raised hogs for 10 years the biggest one I raised was a purebred Duroc boar and when I sold him at sale barn weighed 960 lbs . I have some pictures of him somewhere with my kids and my brothers kids riding him all 4 fit easy on old Jumper as he was very long and was tame as a milk cow as long as you kept the feed in front of him.