$70,000 of Bull Semen stole...................

Help Support CattleToday:

People will steal anything but without the certificates is it really worth as much? Maybe if it was dairy it doesnt matter as much.
John, did you see where a bunch of registered angus cows were stolen in hawkins co, TN. All cows were branded and had tatoo's in the ears. The guy on TV said they were all AI bred to calve in the next 45 days.

kenny thomas":2hrxmvjs said:
People will steal anything but without the certificates is it really worth as much? Maybe if it was dairy it doesnt matter as much.
John, did you see where a bunch of registered angus cows were stolen in hawkins co, TN. All cows were branded and had tatoo's in the ears. The guy on TV said they were all AI bred to calve in the next 45 days.
Kenny, I saw it on http://www.wcyb.com/ when I was checking the weather forecast. I am surprised there isn't more cattle being stole than than there is. It sounds like ever who took them had a lot of information.

http://www.wcyb.com/news/21-head-of-cat ... m/32307730

Kinda odd that they lost 21 cows on 350 acres but had not taken inventory on them all winter. I think if 20% of my herd were gone I would notice.

kenny thomas":2cllt9ch said:
Kinda odd that they lost 21 cows on 350 acres but had not taken inventory on them all winter. I think if 20% of my herd were gone I would notice.

I seen that I thought that was kinda odd to seems like u would notice 21 cows gone. Maybe they just stole a couple at a time.

kenny thomas":ull4ajm6 said:
I kinda was thinking the same thing. They sure do have a nice place. Also they had them in groups which should make it easier to keep up with them one would think.

Yeah I don't understand not knowing they were gone. I do a head count every time I'm in the pasture.

I would guess that number to be based on retail price instead of purchase as I've seen a few similar deals here and the detectives smiled and said "retail" when price was discussed. :lol:
The sad part is that most of the semen probably got dumped and the tank core got recycled.
As far as stolen cattle, I wouldn't know for quite a while if mine were gone. I've never, ever seen all of my cattle at the same time. When they run in steep brush you wind up dealing with them a few at a time. Every few months I look around and think, I haven't seen number___ in a while and go look for her.

Latest posts