7% Iodine

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
As per DEA regulations effective 8/31/2007, 7% Iodine solution can no longer be sold to customers not registered with the DEA.

You can't even find iodine in our area anymore. All of the feed and farm supply stores quit with it.

Everyone got tired of all of the druggies coming in to buy it.

I don't think I've ever seen anything over 3%... teat dip is usually around 1.5%, or at least the ones I've seen.

I just happen to still have almost a full gallon. I didn't realize they made meth out of it. Meth seems to be made out of any poison substance they can get their hands on, and I can't imagine what it does to someone. I wondered if it almost kills you, but you live through it. :shock: Like they won't find another poison ingredient to take it's place.
Chuckie

What the....??? Who thinks up these things to do with stuff,
Oh that is poison guess I will drink it, smoke it, inject it....

I just don't understand. Must be my age.

We cant even stock Iodine. If the Meth Monkeys find out you have it, you'll get broke into. I've had people ask us to order them 1 gallon jugs... :shock:

I own a feed store, and I had a handheld buzzer (Mighty Mite)shoplifted from me. Asked around and found out that druggies will have a friend shock them with it as they shoot up, it gives em a bigger rush that way.

Crowder, I like that phrase Meth Monkeys. It is a shame that we have to put up with these regs because of the dopers. But we have to do something. Around 80% of the our inmates are in jail for something related to dope. Be it burglary, stealing, assaults, and more. They steal for money to buy more dope. They fight each other for dope. Spouses fighting because of dope. We use to have the store owners to tell the dopers that the next shipment of iodine was coming in on such and such day. Then we would work in the store and have teams outside to follow them home. Bust them there. Now the stores keep a list of who buys certain items and we get the list. Then we go pay them a visit.

No wonder I got some funny looks at the drug store when I asked for iodine and a scapel :shock: I had no idea that iodine was used in making meth!

How/why does someone look around them at what that stuff does and think"Oh yeah,I gotta get some of that!"

Had no idea Iodine was used in dope making. So I guess Big Brother prevents the use of it for legitimate purposes to keep the dopers from getting it. Makes sense I guess (NOT).

Wish they could put something in the iodine if they made meth out of it to take the crack heads out. Either cure them or kill em is like dealing with a mad dog with these idiots.

Reminds me of a several years ago- when the paint sniffing was the big thing with the Reservation dopers...You could drive around town and see those brain dead "zombies" walking around town- with paint on their faces and hands....They seemed to always like the shiny silvers and gold colors most :roll: :( All the hardware stores on the Rez had to lock up their paint supplies and sell only to adults and folks they knew that weren't involved in or going to use it for sniffing....

Seems like you take away one thing- and they always find another way to wreck their lives :( :( :mad:

Oldtimer, I saw a Cop show where there were some guys sniffing paint. They had totally no brain cells left. These guys acted like they had most of their brain removed. I wonder how often and how long they had been sniffing to get in that shape?
Chuckie

Chuckie":4x6kxk95 said:
Oldtimer, I saw a Cop show where there were some guys sniffing paint. They had totally no brain cells left. These guys acted like they had most of their brain removed. I wonder how often and how long they had been sniffing to get in that shape?
Chuckie

It apparently doesn't take too long...I saw some early users that became paranoid and wild using it-abnormal strength- but those that used it over a period of time just totally cooked up their brains-and wandered the streets with a dull stare...Most are just skin and bones skinny- seems like they forget they're supposed to eat... It also effects their lungs so bad that many end up dying from lung diseases....

I caught one crawling out the window of a house with a stolen radio (which he was going to hock for paint money)- and when I snuck up and tapped him on the shoulder-- he dropped the radio and took off running...He hadn't ran a block and his lungs gave out- ended up calling an ambulance to take him to the hospital, because I thought he was going to die....Bad stuff.....And Meth is even worse....

Oldtimer, I am seeing the huffing coming back. It is cheaper than the meth. One good then about all of these regs. is that we are not finding as many meth labs. Now the meth is coming from the South, Texas. And from the West, California. Mostly it is call Mexican Meth. Boy times have changed since I started.

r and s peckman":a5gcmail said:
Oldtimer, I am seeing the huffing coming back. It is cheaper than the meth. One good then about all of these regs. is that we are not finding as many meth labs. Now the meth is coming from the South, Texas. And from the West, California. Mostly it is call Mexican Meth. Boy times have changed since I started.

Thanks-- I don't have the opportunity to see as much anymore- now that I'm retired :clap: ...I know we're still having some meth problems--because as Judge I get to sign a few search warrents for meth houses- and see some of the seized items...

We had a big statewide advertising program "Say No To Drugs" or "Say No To Meth"--A local fellow donated millions $ to get kids to make posters everywhere around the state-and put on school programs...I heard on the radio that meth busts were down by a huge percentage over the last couple years-- so hopefully its getting the message out there to a lot of kids.... :)

r and s peckman":onnxwkzy said:
Then we would work in the store and have teams outside to follow them home. Bust them there. Now the stores keep a list of who buys certain items and we get the list. Then we go pay them a visit.

If I bought a gallon of iodine somewhere and a cop showed up at my door "to pay me a visit" on account of it, we'd have a major problem. At the very least, he'd have a door slammed in his face. Stuff like that used to be called harassment or entrapment.

Now, before everybody gets all down on me and tells me that it shouldn't be any big deal so long as I've got nothing to hide, let me relay this little tale to ya..

Friend of mine was manager of a quickie-mart type place owned by his in-laws.. Some random, normal looking guy came in and bought...

A lighter
A brillo pad
One of those cheesy single stem roses

...among a few other things.

Then my friend was promptly arrested for selling drug paraphernalia..

Why? Well, because apparently everybody is supposed to know that crackheads break the bottom off the little glass tube that the rose comes in, stuff some of the brillo in it, put a crack rock on the brillo, then use the lighter to smoke it.. The cops called it a "crack kit."

My buddy was eventually cleared, but not without his in-laws having to hire a lawyer ($$$) to fight the charges. If he hadn't been the son-in-law of the store owners, and had simply been some guy they'd hired to manage the place, he'd probably have gone to prison.

Because, ya know.. Everybody's supposed to know that you don't buy a single stem rose, a brillo, and a lighter..

Or Iodine.

Latest posts