6V pics

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
Resampled952013-03-119517-21-0195872_zps151d4a5f.jpg

6V with a few heifers.

Guess there is only one in pic but there are three with him at moment. Getting him collected this weekend.

He had a foot injury awhile back from a piece of angle iron so he lost a touch of weight but still looks good. He is all better and has a few more heifers bred.

Funny how the pigment works. If I would have wanted her to have a patch there she would be google eyed. LOL

She should b one of the first to have a calf by 6V next fall. She should calve in oct.

herefordlover":87lu2trm said:
she needs culled her horns arnt leavel

:lol: yea i hear ya. she was my first attempt at tipping horns. I thought I done ok. One isnt as curved as other but hey it was my first time.

Patches on face (broken face) tends to mean they have a infusion of Shorthorn in them...

Do you still breed horned Herefords there. I know they do in the Line 1 herd but that due to not allowing new bloodlines to enter. In todays age we shouldn't have horned cattle. It will be the next hot topic for animal rights activist.

AussieLim":81a3p01i said:
Patches on face (broken face) tends to mean they have a infusion of Shorthorn in them...

Do you still breed horned Herefords there. I know they do in the Line 1 herd but that due to not allowing new bloodlines to enter. In todays age we shouldn't have horned cattle. It will be the next hot topic for animal rights activist.

OFFS you're like a bad case of the flu!

AussieLim":1j5q1udo said:

I can guarantee ther is no short horn in her. I have her mom and dad on my place and there isnt a short horn bull within 30 miles of me. Guess the neighbors could have A-I ed her mom for me. No she is mostly Line 1. Yes still bred the horns and dont plan on using many polled bulls. Cant seem to find the right kind that can handle the evirnment and my management.

Herefords crossed with anything red, Devon, Gelbvieh, Limo, Red Angus, Red Poll, Shorthorn, Red Holstein, even Jersey will often have a red brockle face color pattern. Herefords can put a brockle face on any color cow. Simmenthal will keep whiteface on herefords and baldys, but puts blazed or striped faces on solid colored cows.

Latest posts