6 weeks to go

Help Support CattleToday:

rancherswife

Reaction score
My Grandson is getting down to the wire on these 2 steers. He's got 6 weeks to fair. We are pouring the feed to them and even put some lights up to get them to eat at night. It has been in the 90's here and they eat, but just not with as much enjoyment as usual :lol:
How do they look?? He values your opinion and wanted me to ask you all what you think :cboy:
scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

with a hoof trimmin' and a little clippin, those guys look like they should be just fine. They look like theyve been eating. Looks like your grandson has been doing well with them :)

I like that shirt. He looks like a gangsta out of the hood. The calves look nice to.

Cowboy 2.0":2v43gf6i said:
I like that shirt. He looks like a gangsta out of the hood. The calves look nice to.
yeah like a tall tee!
nice lookin calf. needs some trimin but im sure u've got it under control. golly gosh id hate to live there where its already in the 90s

cattleluvr18":26a9rxsl said:
Cowboy 2.0":26a9rxsl said:
yeah like a tall tee!
nice lookin calf. needs some trimin but im sure u've got it under control. golly gosh id hate to live there where its already in the 90s

Thats how lots of kid dress out here in CA we all do others are more laidback

rancherswife":1c9vn2r8 said:
My Grandson is getting down to the wire on these 2 steers. He's got 6 weeks to fair. We are pouring the feed to them and even put some lights up to get them to eat at night. It has been in the 90's here and they eat, but just not with as much enjoyment as usual :lol:
How do they look?? He values your opinion and wanted me to ask you all what you think :cboy:
scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

Looking good Grandma. You have obviously been doing the right thing family wise as well.

Be happy - life is good,

Bez>

Look like really tame first year calves and that's the most important thing. What do they weigh, they don't look like they weigh more than 1150.

You guys are cracking me up this morning!!! :lol:
I always tell him he looks like a BUM but now that ya mention it it is kinda Gangsta :shock: My son, his uncle, is a firefighter and he gives him all his old fireman shirts. The kid loves them especially to wear when he's workin with the steers. He would go to school like that if we let him :oops:
Yep that is a beer bottle. We have a dog we call TRASH. This dumb dog goes all over the desert and brings back bottles. He loves bottles. When the sheepherders were here a few months ago he brought home some bottles that I have no idea what was in them. I had never seen them before. The one you see in the pic is the start of a new pile. We have to clean up his pile once every couple of days. That is one of the hubbys Bud Light bottles tho so he did'nt have to go to far to get that one :cboy: Yeah yeah I know...but thats my story and I'm stickin to it :lol:
We are trying to find someone to trim their feet. Nobody near us does it. My daughter dates a horseshoer but he don't do cows. Big Chicken!!
We have run the clippers all over these calves just to get them use to it but so far have'nt cut any hair. We just arent sure how to clip them. We went to the Southern Classic a couple of weekends ago to get an idea of what everyone is doing but they were all different. I am a retired hairdresser so you would think I would kinda GET what to do but I am sooo not getting what to do to these calves. HELP ME!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
The brockle face weighs 1095 and the white face 1205 last time we taped them. I don't trust them tapes so you are probably closer in your guesstimation :lol:
Thanks for all your honest comments and keep them coming.
I'll post more pics after they have their" makeovers" but don't laugh if they end up with a Mohawk or a mullet OK :oops:

They look very good. Your grandson should do well with them. Tell him to hold their head high to give them a real attractive pose as well. :)

Nice looking steers, I like them black baldies.

On the clipping maybe you could ask around and see if someone maybe an older 4-H kid or Beef leader could help you clip one of the steers and you could watch and learn so as to do the other one.

At worst scenario you could hire someone to clip one and you watch closely and help them so you can learn and do the other one. But most times there is always someone more than willing to help people that want to help themselves!

Good luck! And tell the Grandson he has did a heck of a job!

rancherswife":2tall65q said:
You guys are cracking me up this morning!!! :lol:
I always tell him he looks like a BUM but now that ya mention it it is kinda Gangsta :shock:
yups hes a straight up G!!

Latest posts