6.0 or 5.7

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy13":3vd1wn7g said:
It was sure gettin close. I think we did have a lemon because I have talked to others with the same truck they use for a work truck to haul loads. The only thing is that we bought it brand new.

Ours does quite well at that weight. Alot better than my 1990 2500. Mostly due to the suspension and gearing differences between the two. The 350 has been a great engine.

cowboy13":zw7q1kq6 said:
ours had the 3:73, dealership couldn't find a 4:10

I think my 90's got 3.42 with a 5 speed. Rear suspension and brakes are no match for my 2002 but then they aint suppose to be since Chevy upgrade all that around 2000.

cowboy13":2vkm1pwn said:
Rancher6":2vkm1pwn said:
cowboy13":2vkm1pwn said:
Ours didn't have any power either

It's a nice pickup to drive down the highway,and the engine clatter does not bother me, but put a trailer on it and it's gutless even with the 410 gears. Wish I had my dodge V10 back. It got 11mpg and this 6.0 gets 12. You hook something behind that V10 and you had better have a da@# stout hitch.

I agree 500%

I miss my 7.3 diesel. Will pull 30 ft gooseneck with 10 pair and I am always a scared its gunna tear my trailer in 1/2!!!!!! :p

flaboy":3ti3oloa said:
cowboy13":3ti3oloa said:
6.0 is a piece of junk. We traded ours for a cummins

They are NOT talking about the 6 liter diesel they are talking about gas motors.

You must have had a 03 6 liter huh?

6.0 diesel is JUNK!!!!!!

03 f-350 4x4 dually purchaced in late 02 was back in shop with "computer trouble" 2 weeks later. Happend again a couple months later.

05 f-350 4x4 dually

got in early 05 in shop 3 weeks later. ford said had bad batch of injectors {SP??} 3 times that happened. Ford would not let dealership replace ALL injectors beens there was a BAD BATCH. Had to replace 1 at a time. Truck was in shop 3 times for injectors.
Oil pump after that.
Transmission (AUTO) after that. something flew apart. brad said he wanted new tranny or new pickup.
Ford needs to get their sh@$ together.

Neighbor just bought 05 duramax dually 4x4 early this year and has had no trouble yet.

NO dodge drivers in this part of the country. People with brains started getting chevys and there are more chevy drivers around here. Everytime I go to the co-op there is a new chevy sitting in the parking lot it seems like.

Hopefully I will have a duramax one day! :mrgreen:

Avery your still young i would wait a few more years before i thought about a duramax. and before you ask why.i got to tell you im a shop forman at a chevrolet dealer so trust me on this one. weve been having problems with the injectors & pumps on these trucks id give them a little more time to work the bugs out if i were you.but as for the engine weve had no problems.

ALACOWMAN":39di4e58 said:
Avery your still young i would wait a few more years before i thought about a duramax. and before you ask why.i got to tell you im a shop forman at a chevrolet dealer so trust me on this one. weve been having problems with the injectors & pumps on these trucks id give them a little more time to work the bugs out if i were you.but as for the engine weve had no problems.

Don't worry it will be a couple of years before I can afford a Duramax :mrgreen:

Chevy is still having problems with the injectors??? I thought Chevy had that beat when they came out with the 03 duramaxs. After Chevy had all those problems on the EARLY 02 duramax. I did hear that chevy extended a warranty on injectors & pump to 200,000 10 yr.!?! Is this true?

200k on the injectors only,not the pump unfortunitly we have had two pumps go bad in the last few weeks and GM didnt pay for them had some unsatisfied customers as a result both had around 120k on them.

Wilson_Cattle_Company":bka51u8r said:
cowboy13":bka51u8r said:

Dealer told me can't get a Duramax OR a 4 wheel drive with a 4.10!! They only come from factory with 3:73

Really.

My 2002 4X4 has 4.10 rear and if you go to the GMC website and build your own it seems they offer them in 2006 also.

Wewild":2alrli2z said:
Wilson_Cattle_Company":2alrli2z said:
cowboy13":2alrli2z said:

Dealer told me can't get a Duramax OR a 4 wheel drive with a 4.10!! They only come from factory with 3:73

Really.

My 2002 4X4 has 4.10 rear and if you go to the GMC website and build your own it seems they offer them in 2006 also.

hhmmm.. mabye that salesman was wanting THAT pickup I was looking at or something. It was an 06 3500 dually 4x4 duramax single cab 3:73 cab & chassis. Offered me 28,888 and said he had room!! I thought that was a good deal but was only looking no way I could do that :shock:

Salesman are kinda goofy on stuff.....

Wilson_Cattle_Company":3alf39qr said:
Wewild":3alf39qr said:
Wilson_Cattle_Company":3alf39qr said:
cowboy13":3alf39qr said:

Really.

hhmmm.. mabye that salesman was wanting THAT pickup I was looking at or something. It was an 06 3500 dually 4x4 duramax single cab 3:73 cab & chassis. Offered me 28,888 and said he had room!! I thought that was a good deal but was only looking no way I could do that :shock:

Salesman are kinda goofy on stuff.....

hmmmm. Seems like cowboy13 and myself were talking about the gas hogs.

Wilson_Cattle_Company":4p6u5ee5 said:
Wewild":4p6u5ee5 said:
cowboy13":4p6u5ee5 said:
what do you have

2500HD 6.0 with 4.10.

:eek: ssssssshhhhhhh! dont say that in public :lol: :mrgreen: :cboy:

I'm not a partisan Chevy guy. We've got a 7.3L turbo diesel Ford that can smoke my Chevy but then thats like comparing apples and oranges as we bought them for 2 different reasons. Our next will probably be the Duramax if it's still around when the Ford dies.

Wewild":3l41zqlh said:
Wilson_Cattle_Company":3l41zqlh said:
Wewild":3l41zqlh said:
cowboy13":3l41zqlh said:
what do you have

2500HD 6.0 with 4.10.

:eek: ssssssshhhhhhh! dont say that in public :lol: :mrgreen: :cboy:

I'm not a partisan Chevy guy. We've got a 7.3L turbo diesel Ford that can smoke my Chevy but then thats like comparing apples and oranges as we bought them for 2 different reasons. Our next will probably be the Duramax if it's still around when the Ford dies.

Duramax...... good choice :mrgreen: :cboy:

I think the duramax and the new fords are great trucks. I have alot of friends with both and none have had problems. The cummins is a different story. The transmissions are still a piece of junk. I have a friend that has an 04 3500 dually and the thing is already in the shop with the transmission out. I have a f250 v10. I know, I know.... it drinks gas. But with the price difference of diesel, the price difference in the truck and the maintenance, I am coming out way ahead by buying the v10. It has tons of power too. Since I got this truck, I'm really not missing the loud noise of the diesel either.

Josh

Latest posts