50th Anniversary ideas?

Help Support CattleToday:

spectator

Reaction score
My parents will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary this summer. They met through 4-H dairy projects, raised four kids and are still best friends. Dad can't get around much anymore but Mom still milks at a nearby dairy five mornings a week (they love her, tell me "She treats our cows like she owns them herself!") and keeps a handful of Simmentals behind the house. Not much money to spend among the kids right now, but would like to do something special. Not sure he'd be up for a potluck or large gathering, and many of us are no longer living in the state. I'm thinking about doing a photo slideshow on DVD and asking family and friends to participate in a card shower, they'd love to hear from all the cousins and so forth.
Any other celebration suggestions? I thought the farm/livestock forums would be a good resource for ideas. Thank you!

We had a party but what they really enjoyed was the picture albums that everyone contributed to - wether they could come or not

Congrats to your parents! If we live another 3 years my wife and I will be married 50 yrs. I just want our 7 kids and 13 grandkids to celebrate with us. Oh yes, I want a picture sent back to our old hometown newspaper for those people who said it would never work. :)

Could you do a come and go tea, so that their dear friends ,neighbors and family could just stop by and say hello. It wouldn't have to be anything fancy and would be far more cost effective than a big celebration as well as less stressful for your father by not having everyone there at the same time. You could do tea and coffee and have just some desserts and maybe some small sandwiches.

We did a large celebration last summer for mom and dads 50th. They loved it ,it was a weekend long get together and just about all their friends and family managed to make the sometimes very long trip to celebrate with them. It really meant alot for mom and dad to see everyone again.

Congratulations to them 50 years together and still in love is a wonderful thing .. :)

Latest posts