Anniversary

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
Three years ago today we moved in here. In some ways if feels like yesterday. In others it seems like a long time ago. The first picture was taken the first week we were here. The second one today. In the three years the house got a new roof on the two story portion. The entire down stairs interior has been painted some of it twice (you can't see that in these pictures). The corral and cattle handling facilities have been made new and seriously improved. The barn and chicken house painted (about 35 gallons of red paint). Two loafing sheds brought back from the dead including new roofs, walls, and painted. A new garden established with deer fence. Fences rebuilt and repaired. Weed control which had been lacking previously worked on (an on going project). Lots of old lumber, brush, tree trimmings, etc piled and burned. Cows fed and calved. Viewed over 50 different species of wildlife mostly out our living room window. I don't think that is a complete list but I am getting tired just thinking about all that has been accomplished by the two of us.
The trees along the river have grown up some in the last three years making a little difference in the pictures. This is certainly home. And we are blessed to be able to live here. How many are able to spin a quad out on the county road in front of their place to take pictures. Park in the middle of the road to take pictures without any concern about traffic. We have worked hard but we are truly blessed.

Attachments

• P7171117.JPG
    P7171117.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 19
  • P6252582.JPG
    P6252582.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 19
Nice, but makes me tired reading all two people did in two years. How do you have time to kill snakes?
It only takes a minute to kill a snake and then back to what ever you were doing.

Huge accomplishments. And you forgot to mention all the cattle brandings you have helped with! Place is beautiful.
Oh. Brandings, moving cattle, hauling cows, hauling hay. That is all fun stuff that I enjoy but it doesn't really improve the place. We do try to stay busy.

The wife looked at the two pictures and decided that the first one was taken in the morning. I took the second one in the afternoon. The shadows on the barn wall don't show her paint job. She wants another picture, one taken in the morning.

The old picture and the morning picture with the sun shining from a different direction.

Attachments

• P7171117.JPG
    P7171117.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 4
  • P6252588.JPG
    P6252588.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts