Anniversary pf sorts..........

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
40 years ago today I passed through Missouri and into IL for the first time.
My only regrets are that it took 30 years to get back to MO, and as dd knows, that it didn't take more then 40 years to get back to flat, boring IL.

dun

Angus Cattle Shower":wt91o8i4 said:
Really? 40 years is A LONG time.

For IL it wasn't long enough, for moving here it was WAY too long.

dun

My daughter is substantially older then your parents. I have a grandaughter that will be 25 in May.
Give you any idea as to why 40 years isn't very long.

dun

My daughter is substantially older then your parents. I have a grandaughter that will be 25 in May.
Give you any idea as to why 40 years isn't very long.

dun

D.R. Cattle":2uvdo0q5 said:
Retirement time?

I've retired a couple of times, that's what's nice about only having to have the cows as fun and not a living anymore.

dun

Just that I found out you can drive 15 miles at 55 mph with a loaded trailer as long as that's the only one that left the road gators laying on road.
That particular tire has been a pain in the butt since it was new. Had a leak that nobody could find, except the air finding it's way out of course. Finally let go and solved the problem at 75 mph on a loaded flatbed, just east of (I think it's appropriate) Bourbon, MO.

dun

Angus Cattle Shower":1vlgxcyd said:
Really? 40 years is A LONG time.

40 years is not near as long as you think it is. The older you get, the faster time goes.
Another funny thing-what's old to young people is not as old to you when you get there-but you do wonder where all that time went.

Ryder":q9khtwk5 said:
40 years is not near as long as you think it is. The older you get, the faster time goes.
Another funny thing-what's old to young people is not as old to you when you get there-but you do wonder where all that time went.

Good point. When I was 20, 30 seemed old. When I reached 50, 70 didn't seem very old. 80 is starting to look fairly young now.
But maybe it seems to go faster because you can't remember much of it.

dun

Ryder":6jzjal2s said:

AMEN!

dun":1em1j63y said:
Ryder":1em1j63y said:

Good point. When I was 20, 30 seemed old. When I reached 50, 70 didn't seem very old. 80 is starting to look fairly young now.
But maybe it seems to go faster because you can't remember much of it.

dun
A friend of mine is 79. He is not old. He zooms around in his sports car like the proverbial bat out of hades. He was up on his roof the other day cleaning off trash.
I tell him 'don't mess up' because I am looking up to him as my role model.

Boring ?!?!? Just because you can see for several miles in any direction.

dd":3rp2o98g said:
Boring ?!?!? Just because you can see for several miles in any direction.

SEVERAL
I still think you can see chicago from the overpass

dun

dun

Latest posts