4H heifer pics

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
So these are the girls that my new 4H fella gets to choose from.

Kat 18A
IMG_4166_zps3f901252.jpg

Lady Lou Lou 2A

Miss Kacey 17A (she is so hard to take any pics of, had to chase her around for 1/2 hour and this was all I could get . :bang:

Lady Ivy

Anna 8A
Sorry all I could get her to stand for me :devil2:
IMG_4155_zps5ce75507.jpg

IMG_4157_zps1bb3a1b0.jpg

IMG_4162_zpsddef578c.jpg

One of the steers, his half brother is pretty much identical .
IMG_4141_zpse336e556.jpg

Had I known we would lose Precision I never would have banded these 2 steers . :frowns:

Btw they were all weened in August, the cows they are with are a separate group just to keep them company and out of trouble on the hay field

How old are they and what type of cattle? Seem to lack something just no sure what.

Like they are lacking depth except the char cross looking heifer. maybe its me.

One or two but for my taste the grey heifer is the bomb!

Nice girls Hillsdown. They would sure look good in my herd!

The first one is my pick. Just sort of catches my eye and I think that is what you want in a show animal, something that catches the eye.
Ken

Kat 18A - pros nice level topline and adequate depth con would really like a little more hip length
Lady Lou Lou 12A - pros nice depth and muscling cons not as balanced as the above heifer, would like longer
Is there any chance to ID both of these and see what they end up doing/ looking like later on?
Aprille

I can decide better in a few months once I bring them in and get them on their heifer ration. like I said, these are just weened ,on grass and are around the 6 month mark and younger so they are just starting to get condition again after being pulled from their dams .

I am edging towards Kat ,Lou Lou and Ivy but have had a favorite heifer before and seen a sleeper take off and bloom to become the best looking in the group . Will update as we move along , we don't need to have our heifer list in until Dec. so that gives me time .Also I can AI them in April (hopefully) so that is a plus for us as well , we won't have to worry about getting them bred during shows and I can be a little more relaxed with the feed ration during May and June and push them up a smidge without worrying about them catching because they are too fat .

Kat was my first pic and her mom is a phenomenal Dam of Merit cow so I do have high expectations for her too.

This is a little better pic of Lou Lou

Thanks everyone !!! :wave:

Ok HD dragged the daughter into this. She likes Anna 8A. She was not crazy about Lou Lou.
Where did I go wrong! :cry2:

I luv herfrds":jiam1jg9 said:
Ok HD dragged the daughter into this. She likes Anna 8A. She was not crazy about Lou Lou.
Where did I go wrong! :cry2:

Anna's dam is a heifer , out of Precision, and weaned at 5 months and 1 week old. Maybe Little ILH knows more than we think . ;-)

The grey and the blk, liking the blk just a little more. It looks like she carries herself good :D

Latest posts