48 days

Help Support CattleToday:

Lomac

Reaction score
I have a angus calve born end of March. Have 2 days to put in paper wrk for a state fair for my daughter to show. Steer is halter broke and easily approachable (she can hug is neck while standing and sit beside him while hes laying down) just not lead broke. He will walk a couple steps-10-12 feet and turn in circles. Have 48 days to show date if we decide to go it. I have broke steers just in longer time frames. Is it feasible first of all? and any tips on getting him walking easily on the lead quickly. Thanks.

Lomac":1blryljq said:
I have a angus calve born end of March. Have 2 days to put in paper wrk for a state fair for my daughter to show. Steer is halter broke and easily approachable (she can hug is neck while standing and sit beside him while hes laying down) just not lead broke. He will walk a couple steps-10-12 feet and turn in circles. Have 48 days to show date if we decide to go it. I have broke steers just in longer time frames. Is it feasible first of all? and any tips on getting him walking easily on the lead quickly. Thanks.

Tie him halter to halter to a donkey for a few days. He will be broke to lead

You can do it easily, since it sounds like he is settled down already. Just work with him every day, pull and release, and he will be walking like a pro in no time!

it can be done. He don't sound wild, so take him out and when he takes a few steps scratch him and brush him. Take him a few more steps and scratch him again.
If he gets snorty you can use the tractor method, know lots of people who have used one to break an animal to lead.

Latest posts