4 wheeler tree shears

Help Support CattleToday:

I've always wanted one. Looks like it would work on small honey locust. Then you could treat the stump.

They were designed for red cedars - you all are right, I sure wouldn't try it on a hardwood tree of any size, but they're pretty good for what they're good for. I've run one on a big Polaris, it's surprisingly pretty smooth once you get the hang of it.

I have one mounted on my big Polaris 4 wheeler as we speak. I have to admit, it slices through the mostly lodgepole pines on my place. The biggest part of the learning curve is being fearless and getting the right speed. Then you drive right through them.

That said, anyone want to buy mine at 50% off the list price? Haven't even warn off any paint yet. It's only taken down less than 50 trees. Personally, I've found I'd rather remove the trees, roots and all by pushing them over with my FEL.

For thew right purpose and situation, it'd be great. But I can't leave the stumps with what I'm creating. But those big round blades are intimidating.

skyhightree1":2b1uib2a said:
no thanks... I wanted to see them run into a 4" oak or gum tree and let me see how it worked for them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF9uxexunYo[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube]yF9uxexunYo[/youtube]
Hey Sky--hold mah beer and watch this.........

seriously tho...
"trees up to 4" in diameter and up to 6' in height"
What kind of tree has a trunk bole diameter of 4" but only grows 6' tall at that trunk diameter? Ain't nothing around here that would be less than 15' tall at that trunk diameter. cedar, pine, gum, tallow.

Latest posts