Help Support CattleToday:

Te drawback to the real early 700s is that the safety locks the bolt. If I have to cycle round through the action I prefer the safety being on. My old 308 700 has the locked bolt, my wifes 70s vintage 6mm doesn;t

dun":31cmdnx7 said:
Te drawback to the real early 700s is that the safety locks the bolt. If I have to cycle round through the action I prefer the safety being on. My old 308 700 has the locked bolt, my wifes 70s vintage 6mm doesn;t

Yep. I am so used to the vintage actions that I am super careful when ejecting a live round. I have one in 6mm Remington that my grandfather gave me. I love that rifle. It is a standard sporter barrel but it will hold it's own with my varmint versions in the accuracy department. I have shot many 100 yard one hole 5 shot groups with it from a bench.

HOSS":1p65q8y4 said:
dun":1p65q8y4 said:

Yep. I am so used to the vintage actions that I am super careful when ejecting a live round. I have one in 6mm Remington that my grandfather gave me. I love that rifle. It is a standard sporter barrel but it will hold it's own with my varmint versions in the accuracy department. I have shot many 100 yard one hole 5 shot groups with it from a bench.
The 308 started as an ADL but I changed the stock and bottom metal to a BDL. That way I only have the round in the chamber to worry about.

I have old 700's in 243 and 30-06.
Have a newer one but its old enough to be good in 243.
It's a synthetic stock. I keep it in the truck a lot.

Have model 70 pre 64's in 30-06, 243 and 308 if I ever get to VA and pick them up.
Have a post 64 model 70 in 22-250. It's good too.

Latest posts