30 day old Herford

Help Support CattleToday:

lancemart

Reaction score
I have a month old Herford. What is the going price right now. We do not have a sale barn in RI, just a little auction house. Can someone help.

Thats a tough one? Heifer, bull. Steer?? 150 pounds??
This is upstate MN

At 150 pounds.
Heifer----185.
Bull-------190.
Steer-----205.

auction places Middlesex Livestock,Middlefield,CT 860-349-3204 Flames Livestock Littleton,Ma 978-486-3698 Hackettstown Auction Hackettstown,NJ sorry no # just a few auction houses to look into.

Re:
Why would you want to sell a month old calf?
Because it's a herford!
rof13.gif

Always say that I have never met a mean Herf....Will probably have a few on the place just because we like them....y'all know, the pet cow thing.
Lancemart....does this calf have a good milking mama or is it a bottle calf?
DMc

Olivia's calf....?

Susie David":3a6x89cc said:
Always say that I have never met a mean Herf....Will probably have a few on the place just because we like them....y'all know, the pet cow thing.
DMc

Olivia's calf....?

It is Olivia's calf. She is a good milking mother. The problem I have is they are always on pasture. After she calves I cannot get near the little ones. It makes it harder when I have to worm them or give them shots. Any suggestions. The ones I bottle feed are like dogs.

lancemart":rx71xrb5 said:
Susie David":rx71xrb5 said:
DMc

Olivia's calf....?

It is Olivia's calf. She is a good milking mother. The problem I have is they are always on pasture. After she calves I cannot get near the little ones. It makes it harder when I have to worm them or give them shots. Any suggestions. The ones I bottle feed are like dogs.

Maybe I'm missing something here but, to me, that is the way it's supposed to be. As long as Olivia is raising her calf leave them alone, and let her do her job of raising her calf. In the case of vaccinations/worming, round up your cattle, sort off the calves, run them through the chute, do your thing, and then turn the calves back into their mothers. Don't make this harder than it needs to be, Lance.

lancemart":2fcd5xgk said:
Susie David":2fcd5xgk said:
DMc

Olivia's calf....?

Lance, Olivia is a keeper.Make an effort everyday to spend time with her.Bring feed or what ever it takes, if she trusts you her calf will too.

A little sweet feed in a bucket will go along way in making Olivia more receptive.
Calves follow mama's lead in trusting humans...all our herf calves are real sweethearts...the Lims are a bit more cautious, except the bull, he is the most even tempered animal on the palce and likes to be led.
DMc

I have just got to say it.

That is one of the silliest questions I've ever heard.

Sell a 30 day old calf because it's in the pasture??

Jim62":rlqqj51z said:
I have just got to say it.

That is one of the silliest questions I've ever heard.

Sell a 30 day old calf because it's in the pasture??

Go to Ranchers and you will see silly posts "Bull Session" :roll: :roll:

Lance if you have time to put some handling facilities in and work with your pasture cows even a few minutes every day it will make a HUGE difference for you.
Now is not the time to sell unless you really have to.