3 words

Help Support CattleToday:

not you too...

Beefy - time for some counseling to the youngin ...
tell her how to get thru this time of pain and agony

but now remember the fair is coming up soon and you can't sell your project ... everyone else will have an animal at the fair and you know that you want to be there too ;-)

Do you both need group therapy? :shock: :p
Yes cows can provide the means for a bad day...week...month...you get the point...but they are just animals who go through fence, go left when you say right..., miss the gate you want them to go through knowing full well that if you didn't want them in there they would be through the gate like a shot...get sick and near death no matter what you do...but in the end they are just cows with bad hair days...
they can give us some good moments...just can't think of any off hand :lol: :lol:
Hope you have a better day tomorrow...and that this gave you an ever so slight chuckle to brighten your day :D

rockridgecattle":14n33clw said:
Do you both need group therapy? therapy will do nothing to me. :shock: :p
Yes cows can provide the means for a bad day...week...month...you get the point...but they are just animals who go through fence, go left when you say right..., miss the gate you want them to go through knowing full well that if you didn't want them in there they would be through the gate like a shot...get sick and near death no matter what you do...but in the end they are just cows with bad hair days...
they can give us some good moments...just can't think of any off hand :lol: :lol:
Hope you have a better day tomorrow...and that this gave you an ever so slight chuckle to brighten your day :D
i dont think that even therapy will help me. im through with them. i will only work with my calves for the fair and thats it. depending on fair goes i might get some more for fair...and fair only!! i hope somehow they all die a slow painful death tonite. and there is no such thing as a good comment for cattle! :mad:

Well, Well.

I think everyone here needs some COWnseling...
-------------------------------------------------
Go watch your favorite movie. Go to bed. Sleep in tomorrow morning. Drink a BIG glass of orange juice with breakfast. Walk into the barn with a big SMILE on your face, even if it is a forced clenched teeth smile. You know, somewhere, deep deep down in your heart, behind all that anger, you love those crazy cows. :heart:

cattleluver18,
go and get some rest. it will look better in the morning and i knoow you are angry but slow painful deaths for animals is not the answer. It's not even good to say.
Good things about cattle:
a new health birth
little calves running and playing,
how when a little calf learns to drink from the water trough it blows bubbles.
their different personalities.
they are not as dumd as they would like us to believe.
they know where home is and who looks after them.
the way they come when you call.
these are just a few things about cows that are good.

Boy, this reminds me of my weekend. I wormed the cows and pulled some calves to take to market. I put the cows back out and one of my oldest best cows (a baldy) heads straight to the back fence, never hesitated, and just jumped over it and into the woods she went. I did manage to get her back in but I guess SHE HATES COWBOYS!

last nite i ate a delicious cheesburger knowing that some cow died to make it. *evil smile* they didnt get out yesterday...but i wont even bother to count how many times they have. its not all of them....a few are the sweetest things...but others i swear came from he!!. i dont need goldfish, i just kill em anyway. how smart are alpaca's?? can i change my name to cattlehater?? but im still gonna be a vet tech, but FYI i wouldnt recommend bring your cattle to my clinic. :p

rockridgecattle":36m8s1oj said:
cattleluver18,
go and get some rest. it will look better in the morning and i knoow you are angry but slow painful deaths for animals is not the answer. It's not even good to say.
Good things about cattle:
a new health birth
little calves running and playing,
how when a little calf learns to drink from the water trough it blows bubbles.
their different personalities.
they are not as dumd as they would like us to believe.
they know where home is and who looks after them.
the way they come when you call.
these are just a few things about cows that are good.
I agree whole hearted. Get away from them for a bit. Calm down and relax. It will get better.
I love doing what I do every day. Even the bad stuff because thats part of it. And yes I get upset sometimes. But I realize when I calm down they will too. It's not just their fault if they are getting out. Fences have to be maintained. Which have to be checked on a daily basis. I have 4 different leases, 2 of which the fences are not in the best of condition. If I find a real bad whole or what not . I run a hot wire to block it off until I can fix it.But I don't run around blaming the cow that got out.
There's alot more good to cattle than bad. Like last night It was alittle before dark. The bull calf that I have raised since his mom died last nov. Walked up to me and laid his head on my shoulder. He just needed some lovin'. I rub his neck and scratched his back. Because after all, he sees me as his mom.

im puttin the blame on the calf, or any of them. its just the little things that i find everyday thats adding up and gettin to my head. i really wish that i could get away from them awhile but thats literally impossible. i also have a bucket calf thats grown up and he's the biggest baby. he always makes me forget about whats goin on when he covers me in slobber with his kisses and how he nudges me to get me to brush him.i think the biggest stress factor for me is that im 15 and tryin to take care of all 50 head of the dumb things all by myself. and then i have so many other responsiblities that most teens dont even think about. and then my mom wonder whats wrong with me,hhmmm i wonder... :roll:

on a lighter note...it hasnt rained here in 3 days WOOOHHHOOO :D *doin the happy dance*

cattleluvr18":7m9geu0p said:
im puttin the blame on the calf, or any of them. its just the little things that i find everyday thats adding up and gettin to my head. i really wish that i could get away from them awhile but thats literally impossible. i also have a bucket calf thats grown up and he's the biggest baby. he always makes me forget about whats goin on when he covers me in slobber with his kisses and how he nudges me to get me to brush him.i think the biggest stress factor for me is that im 15 and tryin to take care of all 50 head of the dumb things all by myself. and then i have so many other responsiblities that most teens dont even think about. and then my mom wonder whats wrong with me,hhmmm i wonder... :roll:

on a lighter note...it hasnt rained here in 3 days WOOOHHHOOO :D *doin the happy dance*

Sell some of them. Sell the ones that keep getting out and get the fences fixed. If you have so much other "stuff" on your mind, get rid of some of the cattle.

i think you and beefy both need to just grow up. you dont really hate cows permanently. flop happens.

Latest posts