3 linemen killed

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms

Reaction score
3 linemen helping rebuild after Hurricane Michael were killed in Chipley, FL by a drunk driver. Absolutely tragic. 1 was a local guy and 2 were from NC. I have the deepest sympathy for their families.

As for the intoxicated driver..... They should pour sugar water on him, stake him in a fire ant bed, and then after a few hours have a firing squad shoot him with pellet guns until he expires.

http://www.wtxl.com/news/fhp-lineman-in ... 35de5.html

That is crushing.

I remember a neighbor farmer when I was a boy. We helped him often. He was a very close friend of my father. He told me one day -

Life is rough but you got to live it.

It is. He shot himself by accident. He slept with a handgun in his bed. I know it sounds strange. He called my dad one morning. Dad went over and he had shot himself in the abdomen. Dad took him to the hospital. He survived. Came home and died in his bed.

I have remembered those words.

Life is rough but you got to live it.

That is a rough story. But we all go on.

Very sad. Not to take away from first responders but there are a lot of people who work very dangerous jobs to keep our world turning. Seeing those guys work after Harvey gave me a whole new level of respect. I was amazed at the conditions those guys choose to go out and work in and the level of character across the board. All the stories of people taking food and drinks and what not out to them those guys were nothing but grateful and respectful.

I was on some of these ranches down here on the gulf coast where they floated/drove those dozer vehicles down the lines and made repairs. That country is flat out miserable swamp land but they never missed a beat.

Its just amazing what they do.

That's awful. If you are ever the person riding my bumper when I slow down for every roadside worker I come across, please remember that if it weren't for them, I would brake check the fire out of you. Mowing crews, surveyors, construction crews, utility crews, first responders....They all deserve the respect of sober and attentive drivers.