240 Massey

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Anyone have a website that shows the inner workings of a 240 Massey. Friend has one that something broke inside and I am trying to find something showing how things work on the inside. Motor runs great, clutch and transmission seems to work ok but the tractor will not move.

i dont have what your looking for.but i bet i can tell you whats wrong.sounds like the spider gears are wore down or stuck.youll have to go in the tranny an tear it down.

I would drain the fluid remove the lift arm pins from the lift and remove the lift cover. The thing under the seat. I would remove with the seat attached if you have a means to lift the whole assembly probably 300#.
Take a look spin the gears see what it does. All it will cost is time and work and you will need to make a top gasket (formagasket) or buy one.

Kingfisher":2z838m37 said:
Well he don't want to pay for one - he wants one for free !

Sounds like a break after the clutch then - can you lock the rear diff ? if so do so and see if there is movement . If so a rear axle is the suspect .

If not then its a gearbox shaft or the shaft to the rear diff -does the PTO work?

You are right I was hunting for a freebe.
Ended up being a coupler on the shaft behind the transmission. Not a huge problem to fix. Thanks to all who replied.

Latest posts